Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    All-State

Default Bellville loses to Mexia

Got a loud phone call, apparently right after the game, that the Brahmas had gone down in the second half, after a 25-25 score at halftime. A biased fan reported poor officiating, but the loss was by 11, so sounds like Mexia played a better ball game. Congratulations to Mexia. Also, Brahmas, Bellville is very proud of the season you had. Hold your heads high. 22?

The officiating in this game was very bad, Mexia had a very good team but Bellville was playing just as good or even better at times until the refs took Bellville out of this one. I belive anyone on the Bellville side would say the same.
    Great season to the players, just bad you had to play the refs and Mexia, in this one!!!!!!
    If Bulls-eye was there I would like to get his opionion on this one?

*** Ejected Player ***

Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
    The officiating in this game was very bad, Mexia had a very good team but Bellville was playing just as good or even better at times until the refs took Bellville out of this one. I belive anyone on the Bellville side would say the same.
    Great season to the players, just bad you had to play the refs and Mexia, in this one!!!!!!
    If Bulls-eye was there I would like to get his opionion on this one?
    Yes thats right because the refs decided to get into officiating so that they can screw over one team. Come on...give me a freakin' break! At least say "we just didnt play well or we would have killed 'em." Or better yet "Mexia played a great game!" That would be the best thing to say but I guess that isn't possible for some of us is it? Remind me though how many shots that Bellville missed that refs caused them to miss or that Mexia made that the refs helped them make? Yeah just checking...

I will give you a freakin break if you were at the game, and if you were you would have said the same. I also talked to some Mexia fans, and they were in agrement the refs were very bad. So if you were there you have a right to talk, if not keep you coments to yourself!!!!!!

punt

I talked to a friend last night after the game. He actually wanted Bellville to win because they are in our district. His opinion was that Mexia's playoff experience, coach and players, became a factor. Bellvilles big guy got into foul trouble early and mgmt of his playing time at the end of the second quarter was questionable. Clock and shot selection could have been better utilized also. Congrats to Bellville for becoming more than a one sport school. Congrats to Mexia for winnng. It's too bad when the refs become a factor in who wins. Just another opinion.

I'd cheer for Bellville in this one if I were there...

However, it was by 11 points, not two or 3...

So, if the refs had caused Bellville to miss 4 two-point shots and a three (or whatever else happens) then I'd agree with you...

I know refs are usually bad, but they're usually horrible all-around, not just one-sided (to clear this up, I do not mean refs are really 'bad', they're just not going to make every call because sometimes they do not see it or do not see it as a foul, so don't attack me, refs, it's understandable, to me)...

BUT, I wasn't there, so I wouldn't know, I'd just like to know what exactly happened, and if Mexia had any bad calls...

You REALLY can't expect people to listen to the 'bad ref' call if you do not go into explanation...

Adidas... The refs screwed us against you guys (jk)... Congrats btw...
    Last edited by Gobbla2001; 02-26-2005 at 02:07 PM.

Yes, I did get to see this game. Congratulations to Mexia on their victory.

In my opinion, this was a poor performance by the officiating crew. You would think that in the play-offs, the better crews would be used. I know that the 5A & 4A teams gets the top officials and the lower classes get the leftovers. I did see several bad calls go against Bellville and few bad calls against Mexia. Did it change the outcome of the game? I don't know, but it definately made sure Bellville didn't win.

No, the refs didn't cost Bellville to miss 4 two-point plays and a three. They did cause Bellville to play most of the 3rd quarter without their big man and one of their starting guards. The Refs didn't know the difference between a charge or blocking foul. Bellville led by 8 in the second quarter, but Mexia battled back to tie the game at the end of the first half. Bellville had a chance to break this game wide open, but several bad calls prevented this from happening. Two plays were Bellville had cleanly slapped the ball away, but fouls were called. On one play the Mexia blocked a ball after it had hit the backboard. This should of been goal tending. A few plays later, Bellville blocks a ball on the way up to the basket and they now decide to call goal tending. The worst call of the night was kind of funny. A Mexia player jumped on the back of a Bellville player and as he attempted to shoot the Ref called him for traveling. Mexia made their run in the 3rd quarter. They could finally go inside with Bellville's big man sitting with foul trouble. Yes, Refs can change the outcome of a game, even a 11 point game. Some people may read these comments and think what a bunch of sore losers. I just feel bad for any player that has his dreams taken away by poor officiating.

Congratulations to Bellville on a great season!
    Welcome to the Pasture of Pain.

marlin fan

well i wasnt there so i cant say anything but i have to agree with globba2001 the refs cant catch every little thing!! and the person who makes the most baskets wins not the one who has the least fouls!! but anyways Great season Bellville and good luck Mexia keep on repin D 18 AAA!!!!!

All-State

Thanks, Bull'sEye, for a replay of the game. Seems we were in foul trouble within the first minutes of the game. It sounded like all around a poorly called game. Too bad, Bulls, but we love you!

A Mexia player jumped on a Bellville player's back?

Now I don't see how any ref can miss a kid getting a piggy-back ride...

So basically, from what I have gathered here with the goal-tending calls, Bellville should have scored two and Mexia shouldn't have, fair enough...

Mexia wins by 9...

Your big guy on the bench? Better teams usually have better benches, because a big guy STAYS in foul trouble most of the season if he is working hard against smaller/quicker guys...

How many points does that player average a game, and how many did he score against Mexia?

If you want to call it a piggy-back ride, that is what it was, and yes he was on his back, and the ref, called a travel on Bellville.
    How can a ref miss that one you say, the Bellville fans would like to know!
    Once again a very poor called game by the Refs, or sould I say the guys in the striped shirts pretending to be refs!!!!!

Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
    If you want to call it a piggy-back ride, that is what it was, and yes he was on his back, and the ref, called a travel on Bellville.
    How can a ref miss that one you say, the Bellville fans would like to know!
    Once again a very poor called game by the Refs, or sould I say the guys in the striped shirts pretending to be refs!!!!!
    Poor games get called, not joke about that, I agree with all of you on that...

But there are no refs strong enough to keep a significantly better team from beating the lesser of the two... by 11 points...

Just think about it this way, guys... If it were a 1-point victory for Mexia, and it was an obvious call, EVERYONE KNEW IT, even the Mexia players, than I'd say y'all have every right to be tearing it down on this website...

And Bull's-Eye, I agree about feeling bad for any player who has his dreams taken away by poor officiating myself, and what you are doing now isn't much better, you're mentally taking away that victory from every Mexia player who gave it their all to win by 11 points...

Few bad calls for Mexia? If they had not had those, they may have drained three three-pointers in a row, then you'd be defending a 20-point loss...

I'm atleast glad you gave Mexia a congratulations in this reply... But lay off of Mexia, some of those players that played their butts off and had nothing to do with the officiating may be reading this board right now...

Or you can just call 'em all a buncha losers, whichever...

I was asked my opinion of this game. I saw a poor officiated game. Unlike some of the other posters, I attended this game.

Lay off Mexia? I never said anything bad about Mexia. Their #21 played a great game and is an awesome player. They play great in your face defense and looked to be a well coached team.

Gobla2001, I don't know what kind of math you practice, but 2 goal-tending plays would of been a 4 point difference. Most players would rather win a fairly officiated game. If Mexia feels that they benefited from the refs, then they should have something taken away from their victory. Now, what about those Bellville players? Don't they deserve a better officiated game? They played their butts off, gave their all, and they had nothing to do with the officiating. Now, lets assume that Bellville drained 3's after everyone of their bad calls. They would of won this game easily.

I read several posts about the Wylie/Cuero state football game? I read where the refs weren't calling offensive holding against Wylie. Doesn't this take something away from the Wylie players? I didn't reply to these posts because I didn't see that game.
    Welcome to the Pasture of Pain.

Originally posted by Bull's-eye
    I was asked my opinion of this game. I saw a poor officiated game. Unlike some of the other posters, I attended this game.

Lay off Mexia? I never said anything bad about Mexia. Their #21 played a great game and is an awesome player. They play great in your face defense and looked to be a well coached team.

Gobla2001, I don't know what kind of math you practice, but 2 goal-tending plays would of been a 4 point difference. Most players would rather win a fairly officiated game. If Mexia feels that they benefited from the refs, then they should have something taken away from their victory. Now, what about those Bellville players? Don't they deserve a better officiated game? They played their butts off, gave their all, and they had nothing to do with the officiating. Now, lets assume that Bellville drained 3's after everyone of their bad calls. They would of won this game easily.

I read several posts about the Wylie/Cuero state football game? I read where the refs weren't calling offensive holding against Wylie. Doesn't this take something away from the Wylie players? I didn't reply to these posts because I didn't see that game.
    I didn't even see the Wylie posts, Wylie beat us fair and square in my opinion...

Forgive me, for I did screw up on the math...

Yah Bellville deserves a better officiated game, but Mexia deserves to be given the win, and if you believe that these kids should have their dreams, complain to the refs or whoever in private, not on a public forum for all of Mexia to read... Have some pride in your school and yourself, let them enjoy their win (and that goes for everyone)...

You lost by 11 points, and since my math was off, I'll say 7, that's still a three possession ball game...

Go to that texasprepxtra site, there is a Wimberly poster saying Yoakum won because they were screwed by the refs, go tell him about it...

I will say that I have complained many times about officiating, but only if Cuero has won the game, so that I do not take away from the Victory of the other team...

Hell, you could pm everything that happened, and I'd listen to it, just don't do it infront of everyone... geez, like something a kid does at walmart before he gets his butt whupped, whine in public...

Gobbla, I agree with Bulls-eye, and I saw the game, no one is wineing in Wal-mart, he is just telling the truth, If you were there you have the right to give an oppinion, were you there? We saw the game and the refs were a big factor in Bellville losing this one!
    11 points is not that big of a diiferance when you have 6 or more bad calls against a team!