Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Default Armstrong to ride in Tour de France, seek seventh win

http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug...g-tourdefrance

February 16, 2005

PARIS (AP) -- Six-time Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong will attempt his seventh consecutive win in cycling's most prestigious race this summer.

Armstrong's schedule "will include this summer's Tour de France, where he will go for a seventh straight victory,'' his Discovery Channel team said on its Web site Wednesday.

"I am grateful for the opportunity that Discovery Communications has given the team and look forward to achieving my goal of a seventh Tour de France (victory),'' it quoted the Texan as saying.

The announcement ended speculation about whether Armstrong would skip the race to focus on other events. Last year he became the first cyclist to win the Tour de France six times.

"I am excited to get back on the bike and start racing although my condition is far from perfect,'' Armstrong said in the statement.

Armstrong will start his season with the Paris-Nice stage race in March. He will then race in the Tour of Flanders on April 3, before seeking to defend his title at the Tour de Georgia in the United States later that month, the statement said.

Armstrong added that he and team manager Johan Bruyneel "will evaluate my fitness later this spring and possibly add some races to the calendar."

pirate44

i fealt so old when i heard this morning that he is as old as i am ,and i only have 3 tour de france wins.

All-American District303aPastPlayer's Avatar

Originally posted by pirate44
    i fealt so old when i heard this morning that he is as old as i am ,and i only have 3 tour de france wins.
    haha

"...I never wanna see you cry... and I never wanna tell her lies..."

All-American

Don't worry pirate. Three is better than none! You are three ahead of me even though I was runnerup four times.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

pirate44

Originally posted by Phil C
    Don't worry pirate. Three is better than none! You are three ahead of me even though I was runnerup four times.

All-American

GO LANCE GO!

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

All-American

The French have changed the race where Lance's strongest races won't be as big a factor. Is this a French Conspiracy??!!

Phil C Cares!

pirate44

Originally posted by Phil C
    The French have changed the race where Lance's strongest races won't be as big a factor. Is this a French Conspiracy??!!
    why does that not suprise me?

pirate44

Phil C, i think the only way the french will have a chance against Lance is if they make a rule requiring him to ride this.

All-American

Phil C, i think the only way the french will have a chance against Lance is if they make a rule requiring him to ride this.

Phil C Cares!

even then he'd find a way to win

Bulldog_12

I really hope he gets it. That would show the French that they just can't compete with our calibur athletes and it will make them act like babies......................again.

pirate44

Originally posted by Bulldog_12
    ....that would show the French that they just can't compete with our calibur athletes....
    if they dont know by now, they are in big time denial.

if they dont know by now, they are in big time denial.
    but remember, denial isnt just a river. . .

All-American

We have to remember though that just a few years ago France won the World Cup of Men's Soccer and played the USA a close one in the 2000 Men's Basketball Olymphics gold medal game.

Phil C Cares!