Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-American

Default Sinton vs Odem tonight in softball

The Junior Varsity plays at 5 and the Varsity at 7. I think the boys' basketball team will be playing there at 7. All games are in Odem. Of course from the basketball standpoint the key game is Aransas Pass at Mathis. If AP wins then there is a three way tie for third place and I guess later this week they will have a three way playoff. If Mathis wins they are the third place team and Golaid wins district with AP second. If AP wins I guess also they will meet Goliad to see who represents the district as champions. A tough choice but I will be at the girls' softball games.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

All-American

The three way tie would be between Sinton, Mathis and Ingleside.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

Hey GodFather, our girls scrimmaged Odem last Friday night. I saw one of our players Saturday morning and she said Odem beat us rather handily (not in those words).

Good luck this evening. I will be travelling to Skidmore to watch our baseball scrimmage, but you are right, tonight is another critical game for AP basketball.

All-American

Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
    Hey GodFather, our girls scrimmaged Odem last Friday night. I saw one of our players Saturday morning and she said Odem beat us rather handily (not in those words).

Good luck this evening. I will be travelling to Skidmore to watch our baseball scrimmage, but you are right, tonight is another critical game for AP basketball.
    Thanks for the information AP Panther Fan. Scrimages are interesting but I don't take them too seriously because teams are trying out and looking at different players in different positions and also looking at younger players. Plus the players are still rusty also. Scrimages are mainly to help teams find out weaknesses and correct them and many times the losers are actually the winners in the long run.

I know AP will want to win against Mathis because AP would like to have a shot at district championship representation with Goliad plus at this point in the season teams need to win to have momentum going into playoffs.

Phil C Cares!

All-American

Also AP we have to remember that some of the softball girls are busy with the basketball playoffs and were not available for that game. Another reason why those type of scrimages cannot be taken too seriously.

Phil C Cares!

Originally posted by Phil C
    Also AP we have to remember that some of the softball girls are busy with the basketball playoffs and were not available for that game. Another reason why those type of scrimages cannot be taken too seriously.
    true, but I think some of our problems are a bit bigger. I will PM you.

sinton fan04

Does the boys varsity baseball team play today or may someone direct me to a schedule thanx.

Originally posted by sinton fan04
    Does the boys varsity baseball team play today or may someone direct me to a schedule thanx.
    http://www.sintonisd.net/Athletics/S...05Baseball.pdf

See if this works.....

All-American

Originally posted by sinton fan04
    According to the tentative schedule there is no game or scrimmage scheduled tonight. Of course there may be an update though.

Phil C Cares!

The boys have a scrimmage today at home. Trying to find out time & against who. Will update when I get info.

Originally posted by pirate4state
    The boys have a scrimmage today at home. Trying to find out time & against who. Will update when I get info.
    Just goes to show you, schedules are virtually worthless.

pirate44

any luck on info about the scrimage, p4s?

They scrimmage GP @ 5pm today - only varisty from what I understand.

pirate44

They scrimmage GP @ 5pm today - only varisty from what I understand.
    do you know how long those scrimages usually last?

Originally posted by pirate44
    do you know how long those scrimages usually last?
    It depends on what the coaches work out, but they both usually like to go the 7 innings.