Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-American

Default Snow in Sinton and South Texas Next Week??

MY sources have told me so that it will snow here next week even though I am not sure when. This is from some sources and not me so I am just passing it on. Personally I don't think it will but still you never know and I have an extra camera handy just in case. It is just hard for me to believe it will snow here in February (maybe January or December but not in February).

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

Did you hear this at the local cafe again?

All-American

Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
    Did you hear this at the local cafe again?
    Actually I heard this at the local post office this time.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

Letterman

Default Re: Snow in Sinton and South Texas Next Week??

Originally posted by Phil C
    ....It is just hard for me to believe it will snow here in February (maybe January or December but not in February).
    Actually here in SETX, Feb is the month that we get the most snow! I know we're further north, but still Not to mention, it only snows here maybe once every 10 years (better than you guys down in S Tex tho )

All-American

Default Re: Re: Snow in Sinton and South Texas Next Week??

Originally posted by bccards
    Actually here in SETX, Feb is the month that we get the most snow! I know we're further north, but still Not to mention, it only snows here maybe once every 10 years (better than you guys down in S Tex tho )
    Actually I thought it snowed there about every four years or so.

Phil C Cares!

Letterman

Default Re: Re: Re: Snow in Sinton and South Texas Next Week??

Originally posted by Phil C
    Actually I thought it snowed there about every four years or so.
    I wish, The last measurable snow we had here was in 1989. We missed the huge Christmas Snowstorm here by only about 10 miles! We barely saw a flurry here. So we are still awaiting a true snowfall.. We get sleet about every 4 years, but true snow a LOT less often.

I heard yesterday that the Farmer's Almanac predicted our Christmas snow, and has predicted it again for February. I haven't seen it, so I can't attest to the truthfulness of this.

Designed and created by pirate44

I've heard the almanac has predicted it for this month...

We didn't get a state championship by gawd, but I did get me a snow-man...

At my house we measured all around, prolly a good 11 inches... 15 inch drifts, it was pretty neat...

I'm gunna try and scan some of our pictures, but if you go to www.thevictoriaadvocate.com , you can find pictures of the snow taken around our area...

All-American

Originally posted by sinton66
    I heard yesterday that the Farmer's Almanac predicted our Christmas snow, and has predicted it again for February. I haven't seen it, so I can't attest to the truthfulness of this.
    I heard that but the farmer I talked to said the prediction from the almanac was earlier this month.
    Then again, I WAS calling for Dale Nelson's head the week before Christmas...

Oops, just heard that the prediction for this year's South Texas snow is Monday (V's Day)... they say it's the last chance for a hard freeze down here... Highs in the lower 70's for Monday here, so it doesn't look like it'sa gunna happen...

All-American

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Snow in Sinton and South Texas Next Week??

Originally posted by bccards
    I wish, The last measurable snow we had here was in 1989. We missed the huge Christmas Snowstorm here by only about 10 miles! We barely saw a flurry here. So we are still awaiting a true snowfall.. We get sleet about every 4 years, but true snow a LOT less often.
    That does surprise me bc because my mother is from east Texas (Mabank) and they would get snow once every three or four years. Of course that was years ago so I guess it is different now.

Thank you PPHSfan and Keith7!

Yah, it's global warming, Phil...

Over in Europe, it's the warmest it's been for 500 years, that should tell you something about our cars etc... messing up the ozone...

Wait.... that means it was that warm 500 years ago, too... What, was it the flatuation of oxen causing it back then?

All-American

Well one good thing is if we don't get snow and the weather is good the softball game Tuesday night at Odem is still on.

Thank you PPHSfan and Keith7!

Letterman

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Snow in Sinton and South Texas Next Week??

Originally posted by PhiI C
    That does surprise me bc because my mother is from east Texas (Mabank) and they would get snow once every three or four years. Of course that was years ago so I guess it is different now.
    I looked a map of Mabank, That is closer to Dallas (According to Mapquest [crapquest]. Bridge City is on the Gulf Coast (30 minutes or so from the beach). That's why we don't get snow here that often, durn that Gulf! lol

All-American

Better not snow. It'll give me another reason to have a cold one.