Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Panther Ross

Default Recruiting in the Big 12 South.

I have not hear a single thing about Tech, Oklahoma, or to much about Texas. The only thing I heard was a star qb that verbally committed to them ran off to LSU. Texas A&M recruiting was awesome. Franchione is going to wreck next season.

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Default Re: Recruiting in the Big 12 South.

Originally posted by Panther Ross
    I have not hear a single thing about Tech, Oklahoma, or to much about Texas. The only thing I heard was a star qb that verbally committed to them ran off to LSU. Texas A&M recruiting was awesome. Franchione is going to wreck next season.
    Unlike fans of some of the other colleges, not all of us find it necessary to "brag" about what studs have been signed. Until players have proved themselves on the field at the college level, they are only a potential threat. If you're interested in the Tech signees, read on.

http://texastech.collegesports.com/s...020205aaa.html
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

Last edited by TheDOCTORdre; 02-04-2005 at 01:10 PM.

LET'S KICK SHELL
    COWABUNGA

F.A.N.T.O.M. Physician and Speech Writer

All-American

I have not hear a single thing about Tech, Oklahoma, or to much about Texas.
    Then you obviously haven't been paying attention.
    All-Time Series Record: 60-43-5

Alumnus:

Gainesville Leopards
    The University of Texas (B.S.)
    West Texas A&M University (M.A.)
    University of Nebraska (future Ph.D)

Default Re: Re: Recruiting in the Big 12 South.

Originally posted by KTJ
    You crack me up sometimes. Good one.

I have two comments....1) I think that it is a little disingenuous to hold Tech fans out as any better than others on this issue because I have heard Tech fans "brag" about a recruit and they would be shouting to the roof tops if they had a top 10 recruiting class 2) Tech has generally had little to brag about in regards to recruiting which makes the job that the players and coaches have done in Lubbock that much more impressive.

PS. Though I didn't graduate from Tech....I am a pretty big fan because they are a "West Texas" team and because Spike Dykes is from my hometown! By the way....I agree with you that people should be very careful about bragging about a recruiting class before they have seen these players perform over a period of years.

Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
    Unlike fans of some of the other colleges, not all of us find it necessary to "brag" about what studs have been signed. Until players have proved themselves on the field at the college level, they are only a potential threat. If you're interested in the Tech signees, read on.

http://texastech.collegesports.com/s...020205aaa.html
    [img][/img]

Default Re: Re: Re: Recruiting in the Big 12 South.

Originally posted by vet93
    I have two comments....1) I think that it is a little disingenuous to hold Tech fans out as any better than others on this issue because I have heard Tech fans "brag" about a recruit and they would be shouting to the roof tops if they had a top 10 recruiting class 2) Tech has generally had little to brag about in regards to recruiting which makes the job that the players and coaches have done in Lubbock that much more impressive.

PS. Though I didn't graduate from Tech....I am a pretty big fan because they are a "West Texas" team and because Spike Dykes is from my hometown! By the way....I agree with you that people should be very careful about bragging about a recruiting class before they have seen these players perform over a period of years.
    Sorry - I wasn't speaking about all Tech fans, only myself. Having lived in Lubbock for 16 years & growing up in West Texas, I know we can be just as loud as anyone.

Panther Ross

Originally posted by KTJ
    Dude, you are just jealous. You see the ending of Texas spanking the Aggies. There is no light at the end of your tunnel this time.

Default Re: Re: Re: Recruiting in the Big 12 South.

Dude, you are just jealous. You see the ending of Texas spanking the Aggies. There is no light at the end of your tunnel this time.
    Jealous... of the aggies, hahaha, that is a good one. A Longhorn would never be jealous of an aggie, KTJ was right if you hadnt heard of the other recruiting classes, you werent paying attention. The only reason you really havent heard of other classes is because we recruit so well on a constant basis its not that big of news. On the other hand when the aggies finally get someone that "could" make a difference you will hear about it more.

LET'S KICK SHELL
    COWABUNGA

F.A.N.T.O.M. Physician and Speech Writer

All-American District303aPastPlayer's Avatar

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Recruiting in the Big 12 South.

Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
    Jealous... of the aggies, hahaha, that is a good one. A Longhorn would never be jealous of an aggie, KTJ was right if you hadnt heard of the other recruiting classes, you werent paying attention. The only reason you really havent heard of other classes is because we recruit so well on a constant basis its not that big of news. On the other hand when the aggies finally get someone that "could" make a difference you will hear about it more.
    preach on brotha... CHU'CH!!

"...I never wanna see you cry... and I never wanna tell her lies..."

Panther Ross

Now to be serious, did Texas's star QB actually leave Texas to go to LSU.

Panther Ross

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
    [B]Unlike fans of some of the other colleges, not all of us find it necessary to "brag" about what studs have been signed. Until players have proved themselves on the field at the college level, they are only a potential threat. If you're interested in the Tech signees, read on.

I did not even brag at all. I am telling the truth. When you are willing to face it, just tell me.

All-American District303aPastPlayer's Avatar

when did vince young transfer?

if i remember correctly, he IS our star QB... now our prospect QBs... we have 2... Quan and Colt McCoy... who are both with Texas.
    Last edited by District303aPastPlayer; 02-07-2005 at 11:54 AM.

"...I never wanna see you cry... and I never wanna tell her lies..."

*** Ejected Player *** HighSchool Fan's Avatar

if your talking about ryan perilloux, he's not even from texas. tell me when was the last time that a&m got the #1 recruit in the country.

*** Ejected Player *** HighSchool Fan's Avatar

Franchione is going to wreck next season.
    that sounds like a bad thing to me