Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default High School Basketball Brawl in Alabama

LET'S KICK SHELL
    COWABUNGA

F.A.N.T.O.M. Physician and Speech Writer

saw it on TV it was ugly.

All-American

Default Basket-BRAWL In Bama

I saw it too!!!! It was crazy and ugly!!!

BullFrog Dad

That was a very bad situation. What made it worse was the cheerleader's comment that some girls lost their cell phones.

VERNONLION#1

Default Re: High School Basketball Brawl in Alabama

Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
    http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6907811/
    The Vernon/Graham game last night could have and almost got ugly. It's a shame that the parents of these kids have brought there kids up to be this way. One of our players was fouled and then kicked while on the floor and a few minutes later one of our posts was fouled and pushed to the ground and then they both got physical. People from the stands and the benchs had to be calmed by the police and school officals. Graham WAS ranked #1 and were beat fair and square. Final score V-64 G-52.

Thumbs down Re: High School Basketball Brawl in Alabama

Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
    http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6907811/
    This is scary, fans need to understand the games ONLY involve the PLAYERS! We the fans are only there to enjoy the game. Not overtake the game.

All-American

guess this could happen any where...enjoy the game and encourage kids to do their best...
    STATE CHAMPIONS 1973, 1974, 1987
    STATE FINALISTS 1970, 1975, 1985
    1986, 1993, 1998, 2004

All-American

Some critics get very critical in a most unfriendly way.

Thank you PPHSfan and Keith7!

*** Ejected Player ***

well i suppose that vernonfan1 and i were watching separate games. it was a dirty game on BOTH sides, elbows were going both ways, but from what i saw both times it was the vernon players instigating the shoving. that is why the 2nd time when coach chamness held back one of our players was because a vernon player was swinging at one of ours. this is not to say that the graham players weren't playing just as physically, but that's JMO. i just wish that it wasnt all so ugly sometimes.

*** Ejected Player ***

Smile

this isnt superslyguy this is just another G-town fan. At the game last night it was a very physical game both ways refs called it great for being such a physical game. Yea the #1 Graham Steers got beat on there home court fair and square, but Vernon was on fire last night there post was even hitting threes. The Steers missed alot of shots and free throws and turned the ball over more then usual the Vernon D was good but those were unforced T.O. A great game it was and we will probably meet again and the Steers will be on top of there game and it won't be close. Everyone knows the Lions can't hang in the Gym with the Steers. Great game and hope we see yall again in the playoffs. It will just be that much sweeter knocking vernon out of the playoffs again (i do recall them failing to make the postseason in football) thats off the subject anyway.

Now for the little incidents with the players on the court. THe first time it was just a foul under the basket and the vernon kid got up shoving b/c i guess he can't take a hard foul. ( we should have known this from football b/c favors and hall were always limping to the sidelines after being hit). As for the second incident yalls post took #24 down and shoved him into the ground and being the agressive hard nosed playa he is he got up and just got him off. and the classless Vernon players cleared the bench and some BIG MOMMA came out of the stands from Vernon. ANd you saying that you feel sorry for the mothers who raised there kids in Graham i would want to take that back. b/c we all know that Graham is way classier then Vernon ever will be. SO both ways last night but Vernon was the instigator last night and is always cocky and think they are better than everyone. Now for #5 and #40 (or Hall nice hair looked like a girl) ANd for you #5 aka: sleepy what a lukcy game you had and dont be so cocky about yourself you wont ever have a great game again. AND ALL I GOTTA SAY IS IT IS ABOUT TIME VERNON !!!!!!!!!!!!! G-town is Austin bound and vernon is Huntsville bound

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Good grief, you Graham folks are awfully cocky.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

Bandera YaYa

Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
    Good grief, you Graham folks are awfully cocky.
    I know alot of teams that ended up eating crow, talking like that...remember LHPantherMom???

Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
    I know alot of teams that ended up eating crow, talking like that...remember LHPantherMom???
    Yes, I believe I do remember.

people that act like that should not be allowed to breed.....
    however that is just my opinion....

Originally posted by sahen
    people that act like that should not be allowed to breed.....
    however that is just my opinion....