Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AggieJohn

Default Dual Purpose thread.....A&M related

First: I would like to apologize if i personally have offended anyone over the past few days with being so excited about people like the guy above. I would expect that t.u (yes,T.U.) would be like this too. In fact just because the didn't get bennett, doesn't meant that their signees aren't good, they still have 9 or 10 four star recruits. Aggies have class, but the also have pride, i can't, nor will i ever apologize for my pride in my school. It might seem that we are obnoxious sometimes, but we aren't doing it maliciously. Texas has always been our rival, we have always been their rival...this has been the fabric of texas football for 110 years or more...please understand that my school badgers texas as just a joke for us. we respect them as an institution, we respect their athletic program, we even respect mack brown , know that this is just one of the things that we do...we do it because it's "tradition"....

Second: I want a Roll Call of Aggie Students, Classifcation.....i welcome former students too....i'm just curious to who all is a supporter, i would like to get them all to one thread for future "purposes"(i.e. "the invasion ")

i expect bashing, let it begin....

Default Re: Dual Purpose thread.....A&M related

Originally posted by AggieJohn

First: I would like to apologize if i personally have offended anyone over the past few days with being so excited about people like the guy above. I would expect that t.u (yes,T.U.) would be like this too. In fact just because the didn't get bennett, doesn't meant that their signees aren't good, they still have 9 or 10 four star recruits. Aggies have class, but the also have pride, i can't, nor will i ever apologize for my pride in my school. It might seem that we are obnoxious sometimes, but we aren't doing it maliciously. Texas has always been our rival, we have always been their rival...this has been the fabric of texas football for 110 years or more...please understand that my school badgers texas as just a joke for us. we respect them as an institution, we respect their athletic program, we even respect mack brown , know that this is just one of the things that we do...we do it because it's "tradition"....

Second: I want a Roll Call of Aggie Students, Classifcation.....i welcome former students too....i'm just curious to who all is a supporter, i would like to get them all to one thread for future "purposes"(i.e. "the invasion ")

Doh, Aggies

pirate44

OWNED??!! what, are you crazy??!! youre lucky cunbed is ROM.

JasperDog94

Aggies have class, but the also have pride
    Pride should come from what your school does, not from insulting another school.

Just an oberservation, AJ. I think your "serious" threads such as this one would be taken a lot more seriously, if you would refrain from punctuating such posts with "jabs" such as the "T.U's" and downward pointing Hook Em's. Such references are considered "fair game" in all tongue-in-cheek and general rivalry threads, but send mixed messages when you are trying to be serious and apologetic. But you seem to be maturing and getting better....keep going in the right direction and keep it "light" and fun for all.

Last edited by Bullaholic; 02-02-2005 at 10:40 AM.

MtnAg

Thumbs up CLass of 93

MtnAg

Jet1

AggieJohn I am not an Aggie fan but people need to stand up for what they believe in. If not their is no reason believe at all.
    Way to stand up.

Class of 1989, Vet Class of 1993

John...As a fellow Aggie I appreciate your enthusiasm. Loyalty to your school is a fine thing. I don't think that anyone has a problem with someone being a homer or supporting your school....I also think that it is fun to poke good natured fun at each other and give each other a hard time as long as we keep in mind (similar to what you suggested) that each school is a fine institution with great academics, athletics and alumni. However, there are times when I think that you cross the line and become a caricature of all the reasons that non-aggies hate aggies. I will admit that often you are unfairly attacked and that often you have to deal with people who are equally responsible for the air of negativity that sometimes seeps into these threads. Hopefully, we can all remember that we are all ambassadors for the schools that we support and that our comments (even when taken out of context) can sometimes do harm to the collective "reputation" of our schools. Good luck in your eduation at Aggieland!
    [img][/img]

Bulldog_12

Thumbs up

Class of '08
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Originally posted by vet93
    Class of 1989, Vet Class of 1993

John...As a fellow Aggie I appreciate your enthusiasm. Loyalty to your school is a fine thing. I don't think that anyone has a problem with someone being a homer or supporting your school....I also think that it is fun to poke good natured fun at each other and give each other a hard time as long as we keep in mind (similar to what you suggested) that each school is a fine institution with great academics, athletics and alumni. However, there are times when I think that you cross the line and become a caricature of all the reasons that non-aggies hate aggies. I will admit that often you are unfairly attacked and that often you have to deal with people who are equally responsible for the air of negativity that sometimes seeps into these threads. Hopefully, we can all remember that we are all ambassadors for the schools that we support and that our comments (even when taken out of context) can sometimes do harm to the collective "reputation" of our schools. Good luck in your eduation at Aggieland!

Well said, as usual, Vet93. The Aggies do not have a monopoly on "dogmatic" behavior, such as AggieJohn sometimes displays, Vet93. There are plenty of us 'Horn supporters who get carried away at times, too. Thanks for showing the way to a lot of fine young people in our universities.

*** Ejected Player *** HighSchool Fan's Avatar

Aggies have class,
    at what level do they start teaching it? hopefully your almost there.

I haven't seen him post for a while, but I know stallion02 reads the board quite a bit. He's class of '06.
    F.A.N.T.O.M. CEO

All-American

What would give you any inclination that Texas fans would act like that? Give me an example.

And why would you, again, bring this up? Sounds like you're the one starting stuff, not "others." And if you think you're not doing this stuff "maliciously" then you need to think again. The aura given off of every post you have ever made, as well as your attitude and some of the other Aggies (not all) on this board, justifies that.

Who cares what recuit a school has? One recruit doesn't make your team the best. The team makes your team the best.

I don't even know why I wasted my time responding to this post.
    All-Time Series Record: 60-43-5

Alumnus:

Gainesville Leopards
    The University of Texas (B.S.)
    West Texas A&M University (M.A.)
    University of Nebraska (future Ph.D)

JasperDog94

KTJ, I would even go one step further and say that most Aggies on this board are respecful and still love and support their school. Unfortunately it's always the one or two (sometimes three) that give others a bad name.

AggieBob

I am the proudest member of the Fightin Texas Aggie Class of 2008, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!