Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    *** Ejected Player *** HighSchool Fan's Avatar

Default Enough of the college football

someone has to have something else to talk about.

Bulldog_12

Well, I dont know if you heard, but Martellus Bennet signed with the Aggies. Well, its Tuesday. Illinois plays Michigan St. tonight. I predict that Mich. st. pulls out the win.

i'm gonna try and make this my college post for awhile...it's sad that people think that just a tight end is gonna lead someone to greatness.

All-American District303aPastPlayer's Avatar

Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
    i'm gonna try and make this my college post for awhile...it's sad that people think that just a tight end is gonna lead someone to greatness.
    the point of my earlier post

"...I never wanna see you cry... and I never wanna tell her lies..."

Kellen Winslow did nothing for Dan Fouts.
    F.A.N.T.O.M. CEO

Bulldog_12

So hows the weather everywhere? It sucks here.

Originally posted by big daddy russ
    Kellen Winslow did nothing for Dan Fouts.
    and they won what.

and they won what.
    The greatest game ever, duh. Well, they didn't make it so a Superbowl, but they came darn close twice and were considered one of the elite teams in the NFL during the early 80's after being the joke of the League through most of the 70's. Dan Fouts was just a good QB back in the early- to late-70's, but became a true HOFer when Winslow hopped aboard during the 79 season. After all, that's the season that the Chargers turned the corner and since we're not talking about championships, just elite teams, I think that counts.
    Last edited by big daddy russ; 02-01-2005 at 01:08 PM.
    F.A.N.T.O.M. CEO

The greatest game ever, duh. Well, they didn't make it so a Superbowl, but they came darn close twice and were considered one of the elite teams in the NFL during the early 80's after being the joke of the League through most of the 70's. Dan Fouts was just a good QB back in the early- to late-70's, but became a true HOFer when Winslow hopped aboard during the 79 season.
    the greatest game ever? so they won the greatest game ever, how did that help them win a championship? oh, it didn't. dang close? are ya playing horseshoes or football?

...it's sad that people think that just a tight end is gonna lead someone to greatness.
    I'd classify greatness as winning the Rose Bowl. Wouldn't you? Did this year's Rose Bowl champion win a National Championship? How about a conference championship?
    F.A.N.T.O.M. CEO

I'd classify greatness as winning the Rose Bowl. Wouldn't you? Did this year's Rose Bowl champion win a National Championship? How about a conference championship?
    greatness is going undefeated and winnnig the national championship. being better than average is what texas was last year.

greatness is going undefeated and winnnig the national championship. being better than average is what texas was last year.
    Auburn went undefeated, had as good a year as USC (and in a tougher conference) but didn't win a National Championship. Still, they won the Sugar Bowl and were the team Norm Chow was quoted as saying "he didn't want to play." Were they great?
    F.A.N.T.O.M. CEO

Auburn went undefeated, had as good a year as USC (and in a tougher conference) but didn't win a National Championship. Still, they won the Sugar Bowl and were the team Norm Chow was quoted as saying "he didn't want to play." Were they great?
    ok, any team that goes undefeated should be classified as a great team.

ok, any team that goes undefeated should be classified as a great team.
    Fair enough. I think most A&M fans just like the fact that the pieces are in place. They haven't had top-10 recruiting classes the past four years, but have brought in star recruits at different positions to make it a solid team. Three years ago, it was Reggie, Jaxson Appel, the core of today's O-Line, and the core of the receivers. Then two years ago, it was the Jasper bunch (Jorrie Adams and Red Bryant... both linemen), D-Lineman Chris Harrington, their DBs, Courtney Lewis (RB), and Justin Warren (LB) from Tyler. Last year, they again focused on the O-Line, picked up an awesome JUCO receiver along with a couple of stud JUCO LBs, and got McGee to be their QB of the future. Now that they have Bennett, the pieces are in place. Not that Bennett alone can get them over the hump, he just gives them that last weapon to make the Ags legitimate. But having the weapons and having them perform are two different monsters. Moral victories don't add up to wins, but it's still nice to look at what you have and think that your team is a legitimate contender for the conference title. And when your conference is the Big XII a shot at the conference title typically means a shot at the National Title.
    F.A.N.T.O.M. CEO

*** Ejected Player ***

Originally posted by Bulldog_12
    Well, I dont know if you heard, but Martellus Bennet signed with the Aggies. Well, its Tuesday. Illinois plays Michigan St. tonight. I predict that Mich. st. pulls out the win.
    That was funny!