Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-American

Default A little 3A baseball talk

ACE PITCHERS: The Texas High School Coaches Association has one 2004 All State Sophomore Pitcher-- Kevin Angelle-- so that makes him the only "Junior" All-Stater taking the mound this year. He is good but is backed by a good rotation at Bridge City. I think that maybe folks are overlooking another great pitcher in Nick Ayers another Star National high-bracket Select team pitcher who will be a Junior at West Orange-Stark this season. Nick has a whole list of great accomplishments in his young career.
    OTHER THOUGHTS:
    WO-S will make noise in 3A having dropped down from an incredible 4A winning district; where they hung pretty tight. At WO-S, Brad Becker will be a Senior next year , he was an All-State infielder as a 4A Junior last year.
    The raw fact is that in Region III 4A Little Cypress-Mauriceville and Port Neches-Groves(from the same District) vanquishers the self-touted coastal 4A schools and ended up playing each other on up the Regional Bracket ladder. The only real competitions that they faced in their quest: were the warmups with SE TX 3As and the stout other teams in their own District.
    I look for the possibility that the Region III playoff games in both 3A and 4A will be comprised of teams from the overall general SE Texas area.
    I look for the State Championship 3A team to again this year be from Region III but which of these great teams it will be is surely a toss-up at this time.
    Last edited by Old Cardinal; 01-31-2005 at 05:36 PM.

*** Ejected Player *** HighSchool Fan's Avatar

Default Re: A little 3A baseball talk

Originally posted by Old Cardinal
    WO-S will make noise in 3A having dropped down
    oh no, just when my ears quit ringing from all the noise they made in football

All-American

OC you need to rename your title: "A little Reg. III baseball talk"

All-American

To HS Fan: I thing you would like the Mustang baseball team. They are not the tawding, arrogant, bragging types that the other WO-S folks has been accursed of sometimes fielding in other sports. Their girls softball team have great sportsmanship also, Randy Ragsdale sees to that.
    That must be hard to take in football to be rated as #1 in many post season polls and finding themselves fighting for their lives in overtime to win the District crown and then being bopped out of the playoffs by an unheralded Huffman-Hargraves Div. I team. It was bad enough that they shut down their website the night they were tied in overtime by Bridge City.

It was bad enough that they shut down their website the night they were tied in overtime by Bridge City.
    What...

setex

Default Re: A little 3A baseball talk

I look for the possibility that the Region III playoff games in both 3A and 4A will be comprised of teams from the overall general SE Texas area.
    Old Card

What's your opinion of the 2 teams that went the farthest in the play offs last year in Reg III, Jasper and Hamshire Fannett?

football4life

im not sure about region I, the only teams i know of are perryton, who i think is pre-season #1, and we should be stout here in canyon as in the past couple years. havent heard anything from graham or the snyders of the region.

All-American

To SETX: As you know it ended up Lorena(2003 State Champion), LaGrange, Jasper, Columbus as the final 4. Anyone of the final 8 would have been the Champ, I would guess. Jasper had a lot of key losses. I saw them play last year they were very good! I think they are definately in the hunt but not nearly as strong as last year at several positions. H-F is quite interesting, I saw them play a lot of tournment games and was not impressed that much. They lost the District and most would have predicted an early exit but somehow they began to get a very stable club in the post season. Chris Clothworth is one of the best utility players in 3A and a great team leader. I don't see them as a District winner this year but they can put a good Houdini act together sometimes in post season.
    I think Perryton being #1 is just wishful thinking. When it shakes out it will again be either Region III or possibly Region IV just like a lot of other years.

All-District

Default Most Hyped Team

I for one vote that Bridge City is the #1 most hyped, over rated team not only in their region but also in the whole of the state class A thru 5A. Im so tired of hearing about them and Kevin Angelle and all his strikeouts. How bout lets give Bridge City a rest until they win a playoff series or two. I dont want to hear anything else about how Sam Moore has got them all throwing 90 plus. Sam Moore was a freakin lineman at McNeese State, what made him a baseball expert??? I love baseball more than 99% of the people on here and love talking about it, but lets give Bridge City a rest. One last thing, no one that has anything to do with High School Baseball cares about select ball. Select ball is pay to play daddy ball that doesnt count for anything. Now that the season has started lets let the teams and players do their talking on the field. Just my opinion.

X

All-American

X Man: That has got to be one of the most inaccurate post ever placed on this board! HS means almost nothing in girls softball and now boys BB when it comes to schlorship searches. I have sat, at say, the Girls 18 & U Nationals several years in Beaumont and was surrounded by scouts from many colleges from many states. YOU CAN"T WIN H.S. GAMES without a percentage of these dedicated near year round players--period.
    All the teams winning the Districts year in an year out have more than their share! As for BC, since 1992 they have had a very good record each year.
    Last edited by Old Cardinal; 01-31-2005 at 11:10 PM.

WOS#74

XMAN
    Sam Moore was never a lineman for McNeese. You have your facts all wrong.
    And to ask what he knows about baseball, shows everybody on here that you know NOTHING!!!!

All-American

Right on #74! Sam Moore is a baseballer deluxe. Line for line that post is a bunch of hooey!

CRHSeagle

First day of practice!!! Man, our team is lookin really good this year.

*** Ejected Player ***

Default Re: Re: A little 3A baseball talk

Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
    oh no, just when my ears quit ringing from all the noise they made in football
    "Now I don't care who your are, that there is funny"......

Woo Hoo....just looked at thsbmag.com and my son is listed as a soph/jr player to watch!

Aransas Pass isn't listed as a team to keep your eye on, but Sinton is up there as well as Matt Trujillo being a Senior player to watch!