Default Doctor's Order January 26th 2005

Welcome to your daily informational segment (and when I say daily I mean whenever I remember to do this ) Today is National Compliment Day so spread a little love and compliment people today.

All-American bullfrog_alumni_02's Avatar

hey dre, thanks for finally remembering to post this. i was beginning to think you had forgotten about us...but i can see your memory is sharp as a steak knife. j/j

Dre....seeing the word "compliment" reminds me of a story here in Bridgeport. A retired friend of mine from Runaway Bay went into the local grocery store one day and asked this young girl checker---"Excuse me Miss---Could you tell me where to find the "condiments"?". The young lady blushed and told him---"Oh I'm so sorry sir--you'll have to go to the drugstore and ask the druggist for those."

Originally posted by Bullaholic
    Dre....seeing the word "compliment" reminds me of a story here in Bridgeport. A retired friend of mine from Runaway Bay went into the local grocery store one day and asked this young girl checker---"Excuse me Miss---Could you tell me where to find the "condiments"?". The young lady blushed and told him---"Oh I'm so sorry sir--you'll have to go to the drugstore and ask the druggist for those."
    Compliment reminds you of condiment? You are too funny!

You would have been a great teacher to have in school....we constantly did our best to get their minds to wander from whatever boring subject we were studying at the time. Remember those days?

Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
    Compliment reminds you of condiment? You are too funny!

You would have been a great teacher to have in school....we constantly did our best to get their minds to wander from whatever boring subject we were studying at the time. Remember those days?
    In those days you might "get away" with bringing up a contoversial or slightly "blue" subject---but in today's modern educational environment I wouldn't attempt to even "hint" at anything or use any term which might be mis-construed by anyone in any group. In addition, as a male teacher, I would insist on having a female teacher present anytime I was alone with a female student before-during- or after school. However, I do feel that young people appreciate any teacher who goes to great lengths to make a "boring" subject interesting, they just have to be extremely careful with their creativity.

Agreed. I was more amused that the word compliment made you think of condiment which in turn made you think of a funny story.

You would have been easy to get off the subject to something more interesting (not necessarily the condiment story).

Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
    Agreed. I was more amused that the word compliment made you think of condiment which in turn made you think of a funny story.

You would have been easy to get off the subject to something more interesting (not necessarily the condiment story).
    Are you saying I like to talk about just about anything, AP? You're right AP, and it's always more fun to have you gals along for the ride. Sorry I tend to get carried away on the subject of education. I place it at a higher priority for the kids than I do athletics, and believe me I am a real athletic supporter.
    Last edited by Bullaholic; 01-26-2005 at 05:10 PM.

Originally posted by Bullaholic
    I am a real athletic supporter.

(Can you tell I have a son?)

Just kidding.

Education is far more important. I agree.