pirate44

Default AP Panther Fan, did goliad beat ap??

i must have missed it if you posted it, but did i see right on the caller.com basketball standings? did goliad beat ap? if so, how was the game?

Yes they did *#%*#$

I didn't go, but from what I heard...we were missing two of our starters. 6'6 Matt Hall and Michael Cook....both excellent players. Cook will be back, but I am uncertain as to the timing on Matt Hall because he is suffering from an arm injury.

Friday was truly a DARK DAY in ARANSAS PASS! At least the next time we play Goliad, they have to come to our house.

Phil C. had mentioned that refs had been an issue when Sinton played them, but I haven't heard if that was a factor or not.

pirate44

Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
    Yes they did *#%*#$

I didn't go, but from what I heard...we were missing two of our starters. 6'6 Matt Hall and Michael Cook....both excellent players. Cook will be back, but I am uncertain as to the timing on Matt Hall because he is suffering from an arm injury.

Friday was truly a DARK DAY in ARANSAS PASS! At least the next time we play Goliad, they have to come to our house.

Phil C. had mentioned that refs had been an issue when Sinton played them, but I haven't heard if that was a factor or not.
    call it superstitious or just keeping the kids grounded, but i think losses like that are sometimes good for a team. im sure AP will bounce back. i hope Hall and Cook have speedy recoverys.

BigChief

Goliad isn't no slouch of a team. I think they are like 18-5, or something like that. They also beat a 22-2 Yoakum team this year also. They are gonna a tough draw for someone in the playoffs. Especially in the weak Region IV.

I agree with all BUT your last sentence. Oh well.

BigChief

I hate to call the Region weak because it my favorite Region, but our teams haven't produced a champ since Sinton in 96 I think.

true, we seem to come up a little short against teams like Kountz, Everman and Gainesville over the last couple of years.

Originally posted by BigChief
    I hate to call the Region weak because it my favorite Region, but our teams haven't produced a champ since Sinton in 96 I think.
    You're right. And in almost all those years, it was a team from our district (Aransas Pass, West Oso, Sinton) losing to someone at the state level.
    F.A.N.T.O.M. CEO

All-American

Originally posted by BigChief
    Beware of the Howling Bear!

Thank you PPHSfan and Keith7!

All-American

Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
    Yes they did *#%*#$

I can understand. In a smaller school like 3A schools losing two starters can be a big blow. In fact our girls tonight were missing four starters.

Thank you PPHSfan and Keith7!