Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homer Grads

Default Homer Grads

How many of you still live in the town where you graduated High School? Where did you graduate from?

There may be some common ground with some of us....

For me:

East Jefferson High School-Metairie, La. 1965
    TCU- 1965-66'
    Southeastern Louisiana University-Hammond, La. - BA, 1970

pirate44

i was born in Sinton (tiney hospital) grew up and schooled in Sinton and now live there after 3 years of living in Corpus Christi. once i got married, my wife (who is also from Sinton) decided we wanted to raise our children in Sinton.

Originally posted by pirate44
    i was born in Sinton (tiney hospital) grew up and schooled in Sinton and now live there after 3 years of living in Corpus Christi. once i got married, my wife (who is also from Sinton) decided we wanted to raise our children in Sinton.
    lol I was born in Kansas City, Kansas.. then moved to Missiouri, then came to Texas in 97 I think.. where I have now been in Caldwell what feels like 4 EVER and Graduated high school from here.

~Not keeping her opinion to herself since Oct. 2002~

All-American

I was born in Dallas, Texas but was raised in Freer, Texas as a Freer Buckaroo. I have lived in Sinton the past 25 years though and am now a Sinton Pirate and Lady Pirate Fan. I still want Freer to win as long as they are not playing Sinton. When Sinton played Freer in volleyball a few years ago there was much anticipation as to who I would cheer for at game time. The suspense was broken when I cheered for the Lady Pirates.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

pirate44

Originally posted by Phil C
    I was born in Dallas, Texas but was raised in Freer, Texas as a Freer Buckaroo. I have lived in Sinton the past 25 years though and am now a Sinton Pirate and Lady Pirate Fan. I still want Freer to win as long as they are not playing Sinton. When Sinton played Freer in volleyball a few years ago there was much anticipation as to who I would cheer for at game time. The suspense was broken when I cheered for the Lady Pirates.
    definately Sinton's adopted son when will the school board decide to give you an honorary Diploma? Universities do it for celebrities all the time.

I was born in Hope Ark but got to Texas as soon as possible lol.. we moved to Cuero in 1962 when I was 4 and I've been here all my life (except for a brief 6 months in Baytown in 1976) I officially graduated from Baytown Sterling but I also hold a Diploma from Cuero HS lol.....

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

Originally posted by 44INAROW
    I was born in Hope Ark but got to Texas as soon as possible lol.. we moved to Cuero in 1962 when I was 4 and I've been here all my life (except for a brief 6 months in Baytown in 1976) I officially graduated from Baytown Sterling but I also hold a Diploma from Cuero HS lol.....
    That's really interesting 44INAROW, not many folks have got 2 HS Diplomas.

I was born in Sinton, raised in and graduated from Ingleside and have now lived in Aransas Pass for 20+ years.

This acorn didn't fall far from the tree!

Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
    I was born in Sinton, raised in and graduated from Ingleside and have now lived in Aransas Pass for 20+ years.

This acorn didn't fall far from the tree!
    You're a lot like Phil C., AP Panther Fan----torn by multiple allegiances at games

Originally posted by Phil C
    Besides our old age, you and I share birthplaces too, Phil.

I was born in Frankfurt Germany, lived in Tatum, NM til 4th grade.
    Moved to Coahoma and graduated there. Then moved to Denton, to Midland, to Abilene, to Coleman, to Midland, to Bakersfield, CA, and finally to Greenwood.

45 miles from where I grew up!

Originally posted by Bullaholic
    That's really interesting 44INAROW, not many folks have got 2 HS Diplomas.
    SSSHHH don't tell anyone

I am a card-carrying member of the "not what you know, but who you know club"

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

SSSHHH don't tell anyone

I am a card-carrying member of the "not what you know, but who you know club"
    Hmmm....think I will call Coach Reeve so he can announce this at the next booster club meeting.

Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
    Hmmm....think I will call Coach Reeve so he can announce this at the next booster club meeting.
    well he does usually asks what the "lowdown on the downlow is" lol

Did anyone notice my AVATAR? Thanks Ranger Mom

pirate44

well he does usually asks what the "lowdown on the downlow is" lol

Did anyone notice my AVATAR? Thanks Ranger Mom
    nice avatar 44.