Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    CRHSeagle

Default decatur transfer???

I first heard about this last week and heard about it more at the lake worth/castleberry basketball game. I dont want to name any names but is there a new tranfer to decatur that came from lake worth? If so, Im like 90% sure I know who it is.

*** Ejected Player ***

i think its the quaterback... jamal ibrahim (excuse the spelling)
    good luck next year

BullFrog Dad

Originally posted by CHS_DT#75
    i think its the quaterback... jamal ibrahim (excuse the spelling)
    good luck next year
    Correct on the info and the spelling.

Will he be eligible to play this upcoming season?

All-American bullfrog_alumni_02's Avatar

this gave me sickening feeling in my stomach. so im hoping the rumor stays as just that, a rumor. but if it happens, it wont be the end of the world. Good luck too jamal if its true.

BullFrog Dad

Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
    this gave me sickening feeling in my stomach. so im hoping the rumor stays as just that, a rumor. but if it happens, it wont be the end of the world. Good luck too jamal if its true.
    John, Not a rumor. He started school at Decatur on 1-10-05. Coach Whitmire confirmed it last Friday at the BB games. He is eligible to play for the Eagles in the '05 season. LW has a QB that blew out an ACL this past season on JV. He has a cannon of an arm(great pitcher). He'll be a Junior and hopefully healthy this next season.

*** Ejected Player ***

is he fast?

i hope the jv qb you were referring to gets better. will jamal start at qb for decatur or will he have to play split time until a true starter is picked? i wish him the best of luck next year, and at college.

CRHSeagle

I heard it was him but I didnt want to help spread the rumor so I let the decatur/lake worth guys clear it up for me. Even if he's not taking the snaps, he should be one heck of a reciever with his size and speed.

BullFrog Dad

Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
    i hope the jv qb you were referring to gets better. will jamal start at qb for decatur or will he have to play split time until a true starter is picked? i wish him the best of luck next year, and at college.
    According to Chief Woodman Decatur has a QB that played WR this year and is a son of one of the coaches. If he gets the nod at QB Jamal will find a starting spot somewhere on the team. He's just too good of an athlete not to.

Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
    According to Chief Woodman Decatur has a QB that played WR this year and is a son of one of the coaches. If he gets the nod at QB Jamal will find a starting spot somewhere on the team. He's just too good of an athelete.
    thats good for him, decatur has alot of prestige right now. so because of this, i think he will be more able to get a once or twice over and a scholarship to go on to the next level. i remember someone posting earlier in the year that decatur had a second string qb that could have started before any other starting qb in the district. anyone know how much weight this story has? or maybe that one was on my other forum...whatever.

CRHSeagle

i remember reading something like that from a decatur poster. dont know about being able to start at any school in our district since each team had good qb's but he is good. I also read somewhere that he is more of a natural qb than chandler dane.

By the way, Bullfrog Dad, was that you at IHOP after the basketball game?

i miss that ihop!!!! maybe when im in town a meet and greet is in order and we can discuss next football season or track or something. oh and a tommy's burger!!!!!

Chief Woodman

While I am no expert, it is my understanding that Jamal is at DHS. I personnaly do look for him to start at QB, but I fully expect that Coach Story will evaluate the talent and if he is the best QB he will be starting. If he is not the best QB talent (he is far behind the curve in play terms and offensive scheme) then I suspect that someone of that talent will be playing somewhere. I also do not look for him to start at RB...Godboldt will be back.

Practice Squad

Decatur's QB will be Brandon Cobb. He was a soph. WR this last season. This kid has athletic ability that no one knows about yet. He is big, fast, strong, and can throw the ball. He will be one heck of a QB for the next two seasons.