AggieJohn

Default P. J. Tucker out for season

A story out today in the battalion said that Texas's P.j. Tucker might be academically ruled ineligible, he apparently admitted that he might not be back after last nights handling of OSU....

Now i know i'm an aggie reporting this, but i called my t-sip friend, who was pretty bummed about the whole thing and he verified it...

JasperDog94

Default Re: P. J. Tucker out for season

Originally posted by AggieJohn
    t-sip friend

All-American

Did he play last night against OK ST. ?

All-American

He played last night but since the semister didn't start till today he was still eligible. I haven't heard any further word today though. He got in early foul trouble and had to sit out but the replacements for him and Aldridge (who is injured) played outstanding so if he isn't eligible if these players step up like they did last night Texas will be in good shape.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

All-American

I haven't heard anything official. I know the University and NCAA were going to review the situation today. They will have to get an official announcement out by at least Saturday at 2:30 P.M. when Texas plays OK.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

htowntransplant

pj should come to tamucc!! hehehe

Jet1

That is going to be a big blow.

All-American

Nothing is official right now. (2:38 a.m.) Not even Rick Barnes knows.
    All-Time Series Record: 60-43-5

Alumnus:

Gainesville Leopards
    The University of Texas (B.S.)
    West Texas A&M University (M.A.)
    University of Nebraska (future Ph.D)

AggieJohn

Originally posted by KTJ
    Nothing is official right now. (2:38 a.m.) Not even Rick Barnes knows.
    but what's the word on the street?

Letterman

He's now officially ineligible according to ESPN.com.

Originally posted by TMer25
    He's now officially ineligible according to ESPN.com.
    heres the story http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=1971411

it also says that Aldridge is out indefinitely with a hip injury
    Last edited by sahen; 01-20-2005 at 04:55 PM.

All-American

That is a blow to a great team even though the bench came through great against Oklahoma State and can hopefully keep it up. If so Texas will still be good. It is very rare that you hear about a big star being academically ineligible Maybe starters but hardly ever a big name star.

Phil C Cares!