• 3200M run

8 14.55%
  • 1600M run

2 3.64%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sintonfbplayer04

Default Hardest event in Track and Field

Which one is hardest?

at about the 400m.....i was a big boy....but that hurt.

All-American bullfrog_alumni_02's Avatar

yea, and what about the 800m? that is a dead sprint for two laps!! it requires the perfect amount of speed and endurance to have any shot at placing.

BullFrog Dad

The Pole Vault has got to be considered the hardest. With the exception of the High Jump most anybody can turn in a successful attempt at the other events although with mixed results.

All-American

Tough decision for me between pole vault and 300m hurdles.
    I went with the hurdles due to the length and obstacles you have to hurdle over at a sprint.
    Pole vault is a very, very close second IMO.

Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
    yea, and what about the 800m? that is a dead sprint for two laps!! it requires the perfect amount of speed and endurance to have any shot at placing.
    i am not sure if it is a dead sprint, but it is tough as he!!

i heard from a coach once explain how to run the 400. he said you have to run as fast as possible the first 100-125, then stride the next 75....next 100-125 sprint as hard as you can....last 100 hold on and keep going....you should be outta gas when you finish.

All-American bullfrog_alumni_02's Avatar

i understand what you are saying raider red, it jsut seemed like i had to be at a dead sprint to run the 800 to keep up w/ everyone else, because i was never much of a runner, but always more of a lifter.

Chupacabra

I think the 800 is the most physically demanding event, with the 300 H coming in second.

Pole vault is not as physically strenuous, but is very hard technically speaking. It takes a very long time to develop the correct technique and muscle memory needed to clear high bars, and also requires a lot of patience.

well...i think pole-vault is the hardest...but it was the funnest for me

ive pole-vaulted, ran the quarter, the 200m, the 300m hurdles in middle school, and the 110 hurdles in middle school

i gotta say runnin 400m SUX, BUT hard is not the word for it cuz anyone can run 400m but w/ different times, Pole-Vaulting is hard to just have the technique and the consistency needed to compete...BUT!!! i loved it

Official 'Ham' of F.A.N.T.O.M.

I think the 200m is tough, I love to watch it. Those folks can FLY

Practice Squad

I voted for the 300 meter hurdles, based on the choices given. Would have voted for the 800 meter dash if that had been one of the choices.

All-American BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END's Avatar

Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
    The Pole Vault has got to be considered the hardest. With the exception of the High Jump most anybody can turn in a successful attempt at the other events although with mixed results.
    Pole vaulting is hard, especially for me because I'm a bigger guy. I've done all of the events in track, but pole vaulting is the hardest to master as far as technique goes IMO. How is your daughter doing this year in vaulting, Bullfrog?
    Official F.A.N.T.O.M. Liaison to Big XII Football, In Charge of Heavy Lifting

I Can Crush You Mentally and Physically

All-American

I don't have technique in pole vaulting that's for sure. The hardest is 300m hurdles.
    **<Current Month> Hot Girl of the Month**

BullFrog Dad

Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
    Pole vaulting is hard, especially for me because I'm a bigger guy. I've done all of the events in track, but pole vaulting is the hardest to master as far as technique goes IMO. How is your daughter doing this year in vaulting, Bullfrog?
    BBDE, I knew you would be checking in on this thread! She hasn't vaulted since last June at a camp. That's another thing about PV, it's hard to get practice in off-season unless you belong to a club.

Stretch04

Poll vault is the toughest as far as technique etc. The 800 is the toughest race and it didn't even make your list.