DFHM

Default Coaches' All-state football team

anyone know what it is? it was suppose to come out today. and i think it is the coaches poll..but it is the one that is for the playoffs

there isn't a coaches all-state team...the next one and last one to come out will be the TSWA (texas sports writers association) all-state team which takes regular and post season into consideration. The AP All-state team is regular seasononly!

Default Re: Coaches' All-state football team

Originally posted by DFHM
    anyone know what it is? it was suppose to come out today. and i think it is the coaches poll..but it is the one that is for the playoffs
    The coaches do select an All star team that will play a game during the summer.

It is usually on TV.

yeah...thats the Texas High School Coaches Association All-Star games. Coaches nominate players and then a selection committee (two coaches per classification level One North Coach, One SOuth Coach) picks the teams. Lat year I know Randy Barnes from Crandall was on the SElection Commitee!

All-District

Two years ago it was published on January 29th. Three years ago it was published on January 22nd. It will be listed as the Collin Street Bakery/Texas Sports Writers Association All State Football Team. Players are nominated by coaches and voted on by the sports writers and Coaches. Look for it in the next couple of weeks.
    Coach Reeve said that he always remembers seeing it around Super Bowl time. Sounds about right.

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.