View Poll Results: Do you have a problem with Beltran's decision?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, it's business

20 50.00%
  • Yes, he lied to the fans...

20 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carlos Beltran

Exclamation Carlos Beltran

Is he the biggest liar in sports right now? He said he was only going to sign with a team that was in contention for a pennant, SO he chose the METS? Come on, THANKS FOR SCREWING THE ASTROS OVER BELTRAN!
    Last edited by Astrosdawg07; 01-11-2005 at 08:28 PM.

i hope the mets get him since they offered the same amount as us and then he is a huge bust and keeps them in the doldroms of the nl east....keeps them out of the playoffs for the next 10 years because the payroll is too high to pay anyone else....but im not bitter..

Leopards,class of 75

How much $$$$$ did the Met's give him?

Originally posted by Leopards,class of 75
    How much $$$$$ did the Met's give him?
    7 Years @ 119 million.

Leopards,class of 75

Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
    7 Years @ 119 million.
    Thanks Astrosdawg, thats only 17 million a year!!! lol

All-American

It's business... you have to understand that.

AggieJohn

and we offered 7 yrs 110 right

All-American

He never said he was going to resign with the Stro's I dont think he did anything wrong , his agent got him the best deal possible and he took it nothing wrong with that.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    ― Lou Holtz

Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
    He never said he was going to resign with the Stro's I dont think he did anything wrong , his agent got him the best deal possible and he took it nothing wrong with that.
    No, but he was quoted as saying he was going to sign w/ a contender. He also said for him to sign w/ the Astros certain things needed to be done, ala resigning Biggio, and they did. I just believe Beltran is no longer a class act. Boy things can change when it comes to money.

All-American

i know its business, but it would have been nice to him in Houston...has anyone heard how Berkman is doing and wonder if he will be ready for the beginning of spring training
    STATE CHAMPIONS 1973, 1974, 1987
    STATE FINALISTS 1970, 1975, 1985
    1986, 1993, 1998, 2004

Originally posted by AggieJohn
    and we offered 7 yrs 110 right
    No, from what I've read it was 7 years @ 105 million.

Originally posted by gobbler grad
    i know its business, but it would have been nice to him in Houston...has anyone heard how Berkman is doing and wonder if he will be ready for the beginning of spring training
    From what is being said there in no way in hell he will even be back before April ...

New York has a state income tax and Texas doesn't. I think the $$ the Astros offered would almost net out to the amount Beltran will get from the Mets. We all remember what he did in the play-offs, but paying that kind of money to a regular season .280 hitter was a huge gamble. If he didn't play up to expectations, the Astros would be financially strapped for several years. I think the Astros should start developing their farm clubs and look to the future. They could trade some of their veteran players to teams trying to make the play-offs, hopefully getting some top young players in return.
    Welcome to the Pasture of Pain.

Starter

There was a "No trade clause" in the Mets offer. The Stros didn't have a "No trade agreement" in their offer is what I heard. I really wish we could have kept him. But, I think you are right Bulls-eye about paying too much for him. It's almost like putting all (most) of your eggs in one basket. If that basket turns up roten... you are SOL! I am ready to see how this affects and other trades or signing of free agents in the next few weeks. I guess we might see Biggio still in left field now instead of @ 2B. Lamb.... welcome to the starting lineup!!

All-American

Is there a state income tax in New Jersey?

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!