All-American

I was hoping that Beltran would re-up with the Astros, but with Scott Boras in the mix it will go down to whoever has the cash.

I'd bet the Astros will either sign Jeremy Burnitz or Magglio Ordonez and maybe go after another starting pitcher. Because now that we didn’t sign Beltran I don't think Clemens has any desire to play for a possible sub .500 team. I think in '06 we will be back to dominance, just accept '05 as a rebuilding year.
    Last edited by Astrosdawg07; 01-09-2005 at 03:09 PM.

Tidal Wave

Since when do Astros and dominance go in the same sentence..LOL...YANKEES BABIES...thats dominance...PEACE

spiveyrat

Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
    I'd bet the Astros will either sign Jeremy Burnitz or Magglio Ordonez and maybe go after another starting pitcher. Because now that we didn’t sign Beltran I don't think Clemens has any desire to play for a possible sub .500 team. I think in '06 we will be back to dominance, just accept '05 as a rebuilding year.
    It seems every year is a rebuilding year for the Stros.

pirate44

Originally posted by spiveyrat
    i was thinking the same thing. there has been an amazing amount of talent go through that town. im guilty when it comes to criticizing steinbrenner for buying championships and in the same breath criticizing Houston ownership for not doing what it takes to keep some of those talented players. its a shame beltran will prob. go to new york.

Originally posted by spiveyrat
    It's not a rebuilding year when you come 1 game away from the World Series.

JasperDog94

Originally posted by Tidal Wave
    ...YANKEES BABIES...thats dominance...
    No, that's called having the most money.

spiveyrat

Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
    It's not a rebuilding year when you come 1 game away from the World Series.
    Ok, that was this year (which was less than steller most of the year). What about EVERY OTHER year?

Don't get me wrong, I'm an Astros fan. But dang, they ALWAYS find a way to let the talent slip through their fingers.

spiveyrat

Originally posted by setex
    Blood is thicker than the Dollar
    Doesn't look like he even wanted to be in Houston. As was pointed out earlier on here and in the article, he would have cleared more money after taxes in Houston.