Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tidal Wave

Default Selvin Young..UT

Will he be better than Benson?..he is quicker...may give Peterson a run for his money....

Selvin is quicker but not near as strong imo. I think Hardeman would have been the man to replace El Ced but ya gotta stay out of trouble. Selvin better be the man this next year!!!

All-American

I know this will show my ignorance being a UT fan and all but who is this Selvin Young?

(A question is never stupid if you don't know the answer to it.)

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

All-American

Selvin was Ced's backup until he got hurt in the Arkansas game.
    All-Time Series Record: 60-43-5

Alumnus:

Gainesville Leopards
    The University of Texas (B.S.)
    West Texas A&M University (M.A.)
    University of Nebraska (future Ph.D)

Port_town_texas

If Jamaal gets the right reps in practice he WILL be the starting RB for the 'Horns. period. no offense to the guys at RB but Jamaal is a year ahead of all of them.

All-American

Originally posted by KTJ
    Selvin was Ced's backup until he got hurt in the Arkansas game.
    Thank you KTJ! You came throught again. It is almost too bad he didn't get hurt before the season began so he could have been redshirted.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

Letterman

Originally posted by Port_town_texas
    If Jamaal gets the right reps in practice he WILL be the starting RB for the 'Horns. period. no offense to the guys at RB but Jamaal is a year ahead of all of them.
    I agree, Jamaal Charles may be the starter next year as a true freshman. If he can duplicate what he did in High School, then the Longhorns future looks bright.

All-American

Originally posted by Cat22
    I agree, Jamaal Charles may be the starter next year as a true freshman. If he can duplicate what he did in High School, then the Longhorns future looks bright.

With the history of Mack Brown and freshmen playing on his teams, I wouldn't count on this one bit.
    All-Time Series Record: 60-43-5

Alumnus:

Gainesville Leopards
    The University of Texas (B.S.)
    West Texas A&M University (M.A.)
    University of Nebraska (future Ph.D)

young will never be as good as peterson...he can only wish

Goldenstick

The Longhorn offense will be better with S.Young in the backfield. He gives the Horns something they haven't had the last 4 years......Breakaway speed. With Vince and Selvin in the backfield, the Horns will have two weapons that can take it the distance any play. J.Charles may also be a factor but he may be red-shirted. If J.Charles puts on some bulk he will be the next great Longhorn RB

All-American bullfrog_alumni_02's Avatar

so if this holds true, do you think the horns may go to mroe of a run and gun or option based offense? or do you think they will continue w/ the spread variation to keep people from keying on anyone player?

Port_town_texas

Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
    so if this holds true, do you think the horns may go to mroe of a run and gun or option based offense? or do you think they will continue w/ the spread variation to keep people from keying on anyone player?
    Spread. dont wanna get Young or charles killed.

WoodvilleFan

Originally posted by Port_town_texas
    Jamaal will be a good back for UT over his career but I think next year belongs to Ramonce Taylor.

Port_town_texas

Originally posted by WoodvilleFan
    Jamaal will be a good back for UT over his career but I think next year belongs to Ramonce Taylor.
    Taylor is good. But he doesn't have the RB mentality Jamaal does. he doesn't have the SPEED Jamaal does. and he doesn't hit the hole with authority like Jamaal does.

Default Re: Selvin Young..UT

Originally posted by Tidal Wave
    Will he be better than Benson?..he is quicker...may give Peterson a run for his money....
    If he can stay healthy, he will be good to say the least. But better than Benson....I don't know about all that.