Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-American

Default What About Stoops!

I know OK and others have crowed or complained about Coach Mack not winning the big one but Coach Stoops has been at OK for five years 1999 - 2004 and has lost at least two games a year including last year's colapse in their last two games and except for this year and 2000 and remember this year they got whipped bad by USC for the National Championship. I know in 2000 OK was 13 - 0 and were national champions but we have to remember that he did it mainly with talent that year obtained by the prior Coach Blake who was fired after just 3 years (sort of like Notre Shame - I mean Notre Dame did - please excuse the inadvertent typo.) I wonder if OK fans will start howling. We will see.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

Port_town_texas

? i dunno.

pirate44

Default Re: What About Stoops!

Originally posted by Phil C
    I know OK and others have crowed or complained about Coach Mack not winning the big one but Coach Stoops has been at OK for five years 1999 - 2004 and has lost at least two games a year including last year's colapse in their last two games and except for this year and 2000 and remember this year they got whipped bad by USC for the National Championship. I know in 2000 OK was 13 - 0 and were national champions but we have to remember that he did it mainly with talent that year obtained by the prior Coach Blake who was fired after just 3 years (sort of like Notre Shame - I mean Notre Dame did - please excuse the inadvertent typo.) I wonder if OK fans will start howling. We will see.
    LOL..i always get my sh's mixed up with my d's.

Phil--Rest assured Stoops is still "devine" in OK. Next year will be a pivotal year for him at OU, with all of the players they are losing. If OU has a down year next season, and the right NFL coaching job becomes available, I think he will give the NFL a much longer "look".

Originally posted by Bullaholic
    Phil--Rest assured Stoops is still "devine" in OK. Next year will be a pivotal year for him at OU, with all of the players they are losing. If OU has a down year next season, and the right NFL coaching job becomes available, I think he will give the NFL a much longer "look".
    If Big Bill ever leaves the ranch I would love to have Stoops replace him.
    Last edited by Astrosdawg07; 01-05-2005 at 03:14 PM.

because Mack Brown cant win the big game that gets them to the BIG game. Brown hasnt coached in a National Championship game. Ou is losing in the Naitonal Championship game and Texas is losing games that causes them to miss their own Conference CHampionship game!
    Last edited by kaorder1999; 01-05-2005 at 03:15 PM.

mack should be happy....new contract....just cant seem to beat ou. i think that stoops does a great job. it is sad taht people would want to get rid of either coach. i would love for tech to win 10 or 11 games a year. i think that one reason why mack is looked at like that is because he is probably the best recruiter in the country. he did it UNC and now at UT. having some media guys say that you have the best recruiting class in the country year after year and dont win the natl championship is high expectations.

also, remeber that ou won it all a few years ago and has been back several times. UT hasnt wona national championship since the yar that joe namath won the super bowl with the jets. thats quite a while.

All-American

Originally posted by raider red 2000
    mack should be happy....new contract....just cant seem to beat ou. i think that stoops does a great job. it is sad taht people would want to get rid of either coach. i would love for tech to win 10 or 11 games a year. i think that one reason why mack is looked at like that is because he is probably the best recruiter in the country. he did it UNC and now at UT. having some media guys say that you have the best recruiting class in the country year after year and dont win the natl championship is high expectations.

also, remeber that ou won it all a few years ago and has been back several times. UT hasnt wona national championship since the yar that joe namath won the super bowl with the jets. thats quite a while.
    Raider don't forget that just two years ago Texas won the national Championship in baseball.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

All-American bullfrog_alumni_02's Avatar

correct me if im wrong, but didnt texas win the football national championship in '95?

*** Ejected Player *** HighSchool Fan's Avatar

i think the last time Texas won the national championship in football was 1969.

Originally posted by Phil C
    Raider don't forget that just two years ago Texas won the national Championship in baseball.
    i as a red raider would like that also....tech has had a couple of individual things such as cross country but the only team championship that i am aware of was the lady raiders (bb) hopefully tech will get one in football, basketball, or baseball someday.

Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
    i think the last time Texas won the national championship in football was 1969.
    Wrong again it was 1970, they won back to back in '69 & '70.

Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
    correct me if im wrong, but didnt texas win the football national championship in '95?
    In '95 they won the Southwest Conference title but lost in the Sugar Bowl to V-Tech.

All-American bullfrog_alumni_02's Avatar

you got to it before me astrodawg, i was just about to post that.

*** Ejected Player *** HighSchool Fan's Avatar

Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
    Wrong again it was 1970, they won back to back in '69 & '70.
    Wrong again? That was the first time this year.

Atleast I was right about Gilmer winning