Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Big 12 South...2005???

I think that next year is going to be a great year for football in the big 12. UT will reload and be good with Vince. OU has Pederson and is always good. Tech played alot of youngsters and there young qb's are supposed to be the "real deal". A&M showed improvement and if they improve next year and keep their heads on straigtht they could be good. OSU...may be down, but Gundy was a good hire for continuity of the program. Baylor showed that they have improved and may win a few more games this year. This could be the year where OU is toppled from the top. The south champion will also likely not be undefeated due to the stiff competition. What are your thoughts?
    [img][/img]

OU is losing just about everything but Peterson...with the way that USC handled this years OU bunch I would think next year's group has a lot of work to do.

All-American District303aPastPlayer's Avatar

they do have the #1 recruit from about 2 years ago... Grand Prairies own Rhett Bomar at the QB position.

"...I never wanna see you cry... and I never wanna tell her lies..."

Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
    they do have the #1 recruit from about 2 years ago... Grand Prairies own Rhett Bomar at the QB position.
    Bomar was in High School last year. Was in Peterson's recruiting Class... I saw him play in the THSCA all-star game this past spring. He'll be a red-shirt freshmen next year! Hes going to be a good one!
    Last edited by kaorder1999; 01-05-2005 at 12:42 PM.

All-American District303aPastPlayer's Avatar

then why was he in uniform a couple of weeks back

im confizzled my nizzle

"...I never wanna see you cry... and I never wanna tell her lies..."

he was in uniform im sure but was red-shirted this year. They'll still suit up red-shirts, especially quarterbacks for emergency purposes!

Originally posted by kaorder1999
    he was in uniform im sure but was red-shirted this year. They'll still suit up red-shirts, especially quarterbacks for emergency purposes!
    I remember when they put up 77 on Texas M&A they brought in a QB named Paul Thompson, who was a fast guy, but the announcers were saying he was the next QB of the sooners, what ever happened to that dude??

texasjeremy

Yeah, last years recruting class OU got the top 2 players in the nation: #1 Peterson and #2 Bomar.

the big 12 south will be tough again. tech might have some QB controversey early though. i have heard that the juco kid, robert johnson, from reedley (ca) is an awsome athlete and good QB. reedley ran the spread. on the other hand tech also has graham harrell (sp) from ennis who was red-shirted. it seems like he is coming along faster than expected....coach's kid.

i just hope that they start using some of their speed on defense someday. the D was much better this year than in years past. if the O can keep clicking and the D can catch up then Tech might be able to compete with OU and UT someday.

All-American bullfrog_alumni_02's Avatar

Originally posted by raider red 2000
    if the O can keep clicking and the D can catch up then Tech might be able to compete with OU and UT someday.
    i definately agree w/ you, especially after the Red Raiders bowl performance against Cal. i think they will be in the top 3 in the big 12 overall w/ 3 years and maybe even the next 2. i have a buddy over here who follows ou as much as i follow any texas team, he has told me that he has some inside guy who works directly w/ the ou team and their qb next year, barring a miracle, will be mediocre at best. so if his story holds true, i think peterson will have to carry ou to any success they might have. im also making the prediction that next year UT will beat ou 13-12. but i also think that A&M will beat UT by two touchdowns. i also think there will be a few peoples names in the big 12 on the heisman list, in no order: young, mcneil, peterson.

lobo12

what classification will graham harrell be next year? sophomore??

red shirt freshman

Default Re: Big 12 South...2005???

A&M gets back 19 of their starters unless anyone applies for the draft (which doesn't look like it's happening). I voted them top 10 in my early poll for next year, one spot ahead of OU. I ranked UT second behind USC. OSU will feel the sting from Miles' departure, but should be OK nonetheless. Gundy isn't a Bill Callahan... he won't tear an already-established program apart, but it's not going to improve enough to crack the top three.

1. UT
    1. TAMU
    1. OU
    4. Tech
    5. OSU
    6. Baylor

I think UT, TAMU and OU each go 1-1 against each other. OU will handle the Horns but lose to A&M and the Aggies will fall to Texas. Still, I think UT takes home the hardware and goes to the Fiesta Bowl. Tech is almost good enough that I want to say they'll rain on either UT, OU or TAMU's parade, but TAMU will just be incredibly tough next year and OU's tradition will get in the way of that. They do match up well with UT, but the 'Horns are just so loaded that I can't see an upset there. Of the bottom three, OSU matches up with the Sooners the best and (believe it or not!!!!) Baylor has the best chance at knocking off the Aggies. They get Shawn Bell back under center (he'll be a third-year letterman as a junior), Kenny Webb back as the kicker and they've already picked up a stud JC offensive lineman.
    Last edited by big daddy russ; 01-06-2005 at 02:20 AM.
    F.A.N.T.O.M. CEO

1st - Texas
    2nd - Texas Tech
    3rd - OU ( AKA university on Texas at Norman )
    4th - Texas A&M
    TO ALL MY LOVE SLAVES OUT THERE.. BLACK MAGIC IS HERE.. IN THE FLESH BABY!!

CRHSeagle

I still dont think Texas has what it takes to beat OU, especially with Peterson coming back, after that I think its a toss up with better aTm team and UT. OSU's Morency is a stud andthat should be enuff to defeat Tech who still needs a defense, after that I think Baylor will wrap up the south.