Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PPHSfan

Default Question for the "non-ignorant" people.

If you have four regions in football, and eight districts in each region, and one district rules the region but then individually gets hammered when they face teams from other regions, how are they the toughest district in the state?

Is it possible to be in the toughest district in the region, and still not be in the toughest district in the state?

Is it possible that a couple of real strong regions could make all of it's districts look "average" because they kill each other, but when they send their reps to battle the "toughest" districts they have a chance to win?

Would it be a stretch to say that folks should wait until the whole dance is over before they determine which "district" was the toughest beyond it's own borders?

Will the eight track ever make a comeback like the vinyl album?

Will Jason beat me in an arm wrestling match at Georges this Friday?

Us "Ignorant" folks need the answers to these important questions.

Please help.
    Last edited by PPHSfan; 12-08-2004 at 10:28 AM.

southern_thunder

For the non-ignorant? HMM leaves most of us out!!!

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

1. they're not
    2. yes
    3. sure...as long as they're not TOO banged up
    4. yes...keep your mouth shut until its all over...
    5. no, you're old - get over it
    6. oh, its on like donkey kong

PPHSfan

I will arm wrestle you at George's but only for charity.

The loser has to open the bidding on the T-shirt at one hundred bucks.

1. don't know, how?
    2. Yes
    3. Yes
    4. Yes - you can't keep ppl from starting dumb threads.
    5. No, but my mom would be happy if they did!
    6. 50/50 chance

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Originally posted by PPHSfan

The loser has to open the bidding on the T-shirt at one hundred bucks.
    i have $7

...i dont make bets i wont/cant follow through on if i lose...

PPHSfan

Originally posted by jason
    i have $7

...i dont make bets i wont/cant follow through on if i lose...
    HEHEHE

[i]i dont make bets i wont/cant follow through on if i lose... [/B]

mmmmm, sounds like a dig to me

Default Re: Question for the "non-ignorant" people.

If you have four regions in football, and eight districts in each region, and one district rules the region but then individually gets hammered when they face teams from other regions, how are they the toughest district in the state?

Is it possible to be in the toughest district in the region, and still not be in the toughest district in the state?

Is it possible that a couple of real strong regions could make all of it's districts look "average" because they kill each other, but when they send their reps to battle the "toughest" districts they have a chance to win?

Would it be a stretch to say that folks should wait until the whole dance is over before they determine which "district" was the toughest beyond it's own borders?

Please help.
    Yes! they are the toughest in the state because they have one of the teams go to the big game and two others go to the quarter finals. any other districts do that? NO

Yes it posible for you to have the tuff district in each region not be the best in the state... right now its clear that region 1 has the best overall district in district 4. tx power raitings says they have had the toughest schedules compaired to the rest and they have 2 of the remaining 6 3A teams left.

Sure its possible for teams to beat a rep from the "toughest" district. they just have to score more points.

No it would not be a stretch to say wait and see. BUT we have already seen! last week there were 12 teams in it and 3 were from district 4. This week there are 6 teams left and 2 are from district 4. the proof in there I believe.

District 4 has been playing out of its boarders for 4-5 weeks now and is still undefeated with the sole exception of Sweetwater loss to Snyder. BUT then again a district foe so it suports the claim even more.

8 tracks are dead and gone for ever

Dont know the answer to the last one.
    TO ALL MY LOVE SLAVES OUT THERE.. BLACK MAGIC IS HERE.. IN THE FLESH BABY!!

Please help.
    i honestly see ur point of view...but i mean....did u look at predistrict? Abilene Wylie has already proved you wrong by being in the State Championship, that means they beat a D1 reg 2 team...wait a minute...but they only shared the district championship w/ snyder and sweetwater...now why is that???

Official 'Ham' of F.A.N.T.O.M.

PPHSfan

So if there was a three way tie for the district and let's say Gilmer beats snyder by four touchdowns, then what would that say about the district as a whole?

Have you thought about THAT side of the coin?

So if there was a three way tie for the district and let's say Gilmer beats snyder by four touchdowns, then what would that say about the district as a whole?

Have you thought about THAT side of the coin?
    it would mean that the whole Div. 2 was unlucky to have a team that is that good playing w/ them

i looked at that side of the coin, and i really dont doubt gilmers talent

so see..theres 2 sides of the coin...why cant u just let West Texas be proud of their district 4-3A?? hehe

besides..its still an accomplishment for any district to do what they have done

Good deduction there PPHS.

Now Garrison, San Augustine and Hemphill formed the toughest district last year in 2A. Garrison and San Augustine both won state titles and Garrison knocked out Hemphill in the regional finals.

oh yeah....Gilmers not going to win by 4 touchdowns.....sry aint happenin

PPHSfan

And if and when Snyder and Wylie both win a state championship I will say that District 4 was the toughest in the state. But until that happens they are just victims of the lucky draws.