Cotulla evened thier district mark at 2-2 by pulling the upset win over Hondo and by the necessary point speard for the playoff tie breaker if we win next week against Pearsall. Depending on how events unfold next Friday, Cotulla could make the playoffs, as either the 2nd or 3rd place team. It was a good game, Cotulla played its heart out. Cotulla took the early lead 8-0 in the 1st Q on a rushing td. Hondo answered with a td strike through the air, but failed on their 2pt conversion. Cotulla held 8-6. The 2nd Q saw Hondo take the lead 12-8. Cotulla mounted a drive that led them deep into Hondo territory late in the 2nd Q but only to see a pass picked off at the 1yd line. Things could have gone down hill at this point, but to serve as a moral booster a Cotulla defender brought a Hondo player down in the endzone for a safety. Hondo led at the half 12-10. Hondo won the toss at the start of the game and had defered till the 2nd half. Cotulla knew it couldn't get too far behind and booted the onside kick, Cowboys recovered. They went on to score and took back the lead 17-12. Cotulla held Hondo and scored again on a pass play, xpt failed, Cotulla led 23-12. Cotulla melted as much time as they could in the 4th Q but Hondo still got the ball with over half a Q to go. Hondo took a lengthy drive down the field and got the td they needed, xpt failed, Cotulla held 23-18. The Cowboys got the ball back with little over a minute left. The Cowboys wanted more than a win, they wanted to have a chance for a playoff appearance. Coach Booker knew what his team needed to do, and so did the players, either a fg or a td would get it done. The Cowboys went down the field and made the most of the time that was given to them. Cotulla got just inside the 15yd line to attempt the field goal. As the ball was snapped two Hondo defenders got penetration and looked to have a shot to block the fg, the ball got off in time and went high and through the uprights. Cotulla led 26-18 with 6 secs to go. Hondo attempted some lateral magic, but it wasn't to be. Let the party begin! Uh oh, theres a flag on the field, it went against Cotulla for illegal procedure if I recall right. Hondo had a another chance at it, but this time Cotulla got to the runner before he could pass it. Now let the party begin! Ice buckets and all, lol, they should have brought down the goal posts. The win was the first against Hondo in maybe 30 something years, if I'm right. And Hondo now sits at two losses in district, which hasn't happened in the last 6yrs, if it's longer then it's been a awhile. Hondo, ya'll played a great a game and never gave up, and ya'll were never out of it. Good luck against Carrizo next week.

Cowboys, I believed in ya'll when we down 0-2. When someone told me he didn't think it could be done, I told him don't be so sure, Boston proved it could be done. Now they sit at 2-2 one win away from what some said would not happen. Lets make them eat their words Cowboys. Good luck against Pearsall next Friday!

Other 293A scores:

Devine (8-1,4-0) 52, Pearsall (6-3,1-3) 8

Crystal City (5-4,3-1) 33, Carrizo Springs (2-7,0-4) 14

Next Weeks Games:

Cotulla (6-3,2-2) at Pearsall (6-3,1-3)

Devine (8-1,4-0) at Crystal City (5-4,3-1)

Carrizo Springs (2-7,0-4) at Hondo (3-6,2-2)