Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Team State Geographic Area Designations

Anybody know if there are official or unoffical geographic lines that designate a team as a "East-West-South-North" Texas team? It seems we all like to "claim" a team that is winning in any given year clos to our area as one of our "own". I always thought this was loosely defined by the Interstate Highways. You also have the smaller area designations used also, such as, "Metroplex", "Golden Triangle", "Centex", "Valley", etc.
    Last edited by Bullaholic; 10-13-2004 at 08:41 PM.

shankbear

Default yo

Southeast Texas takes in the whole Golden Triangle. Bmt, Pt Arthur and Orange being the points. We encompass from Jasper to Sabine Pass, nort-south and from at least Colmesniel (sp) to Orange, west-east. Beaumont would be the hub. Barbers Hill is sort of the west most town, maybe Baytown as far as teams as you go down IH-10 toward Houston.

Like all of Texas we love our football in Southeast Texas.

Thanks Shankbear...that is a pretty clear geographic description for "Southeast".

IHStangFan

The Coastal Bend as we discussed could probably be said to include everything from Brownsville to Orange, but we Corpus Christi area locals refer to "the coastal bend" as this immediate area around Corpus....as far as "The Valley" we around here tend to think of "The Valley" as anything around Alice and south of there.

We've (Cuero) always been talked about as a South Texas team... We're not far from SA (85 miles), not far from Austin (90) and not too far from Houston (around 120 depending on which way you go) and about 80 or so North of Corpus...

I guess we get stuck in there with the Coastal Bend Region, but I think they need to start calling it the..... Cuero Region

IHStangFan

Originally posted by Gobbla2001
    We've (Cuero) always been talked about as a South Texas team... We're not far from SA (85 miles), not far from Austin (90) and not too far from Houston (around 120 depending on which way you go) and about 80 or so North of Corpus...

I guess we get stuck in there with the Coastal Bend Region, but I think they need to start calling it the..... Cuero Region
    Cuero...i love that area...my aunt has a place about 8 miles south of town.....and i used to do my reserves in Yoakum..we'd get off in those little backwoods towns...Moravia, Moulton, etc......there are some neat little beer joints out that way and alot of those people still have thick accents!!

Originally posted by IHStangFan
    Cuero...i love that area...my aunt has a place about 8 miles south of town.....and i used to do my reserves in Yoakum..we'd get off in those little backwoods towns...Moravia, Moulton, etc......there are some neat little beer joints out that way and alot of those people still have thick accents!!
    Oh, and 30 minutes from Shiner and the best little brewery in the whole world...

Can't wait for Bocktoberfest

IHStangFan

Oh, and 30 minutes from Shiner and the best little brewery in the whole world...

Can't wait for Bocktoberfest
    MAN!! i am not going this year goin to college station instead....$40 a ticket is just too much for me this year!! but Bocktoberfest ROCKS!! i have a few buddies from Shiner...love that town too.

Don't be mad, but I got mine for 26

IHStangFan

AH MAN!! you bastage!! LOL. should be a good one this year.....Cory Morrow RULES!!

Originally posted by IHStangFan
    AH MAN!! you bastage!! LOL. should be a good one this year.....Cory Morrow RULES!!
    Yah, the lead guitarist is my cuz

shankbear

Default yo

Gobb2001...what are the best golf courses around Cuero??

Hmmm... Cuero's actually not too bad....

The Victoria ones are good...

Bridgeport is always thought of as a "North Central" team on the fringe of the "Metroplex". We are 38mi. due West of Denton on Hwy 380. Our biggest industries are Oil&Gas and rock aggregates (5 of the biggest limestone rock quarries in the world are located within 5 mi. of Bridgeport.)

IHStangFan

Yah, the lead guitarist is my cuz
    are you kidding me?!?!?! SWEET!!! this was up at Garner this past summer.....i took the first pic...and Cory saw the flash and turned around...