Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    LogieJoeBean001

Default Wharton vs West Columbia

I'm going to jump on in and get things started. This ought to be a real shootout. It's shaping up to be a good game, one I hope the Tigers can win big in. It will be a home game and I'm sure played in front of packed stands.

Come on defense, come to play again this next week like ya'll did against Needville! I think the offense can get the job done too! Just don't take anything for granted. Game face on boys, game face!!!!!

Go Big Blue!

Wharton's a good shoot-out team...

All-District

Cuero should be interested in this game since it looks like our D1 opponent will be West Columbia, more than likely.

LogieJoeBean001

My thinking is this is the game that will decide who will be district champs. I feel it is really between Wharton and West Columbia. Of course, anything can happen, but it just seems to be the likeliest scenario right now. I sure hope Cuero gets West Columbia! No offense Cuero, I admire and respect you guys, but once was enough! lol! West Columbia and Needville are the big schools in our district this year. I'm glad this game is the second one in district play so we can go ahead and get it out of the way, come what may! This game is going to be a real test for Wharton offense, DEFENSE and coaching skills. I feel a strong showing by the defense will be imperative, an absolute must in order for the Tigers to be victorious in this one! The offense better show up too, of course!

Four more days and counting until game day! Let's go Tigers!

All-State

Yep, should be a good one.
    Western Columbia has a chance to make it 4 straight over wharton going back to 1999.

96 WC 41- WH 22
    97 WC 20- WH 14
    98 WH 38- WC 15
    99 WC 30- WH 0
    00 WC 21- WH 20
    01 WC 40- WH 39
    02 DNP
    03 DNP
    Last edited by scrub c; 10-11-2004 at 10:07 AM.

Default WHARTON District Vs CUERO District ..

Crabman Cuero will be small school in the District if Gonzales makes the playoffs.. Cuero will face probably Sweeny the 3rd place school...WC will be big school in the District and will play Gonzales...Wharton will win the District and play the 2nd place team which will be Yoakum......

BIG School
    WC Vs Gonzales

Small School
    Cuero Vs Sweeny
    Wharton Vs Yoakum

All-American

Gonzales is not going to make the playoffs.They lost to Luling.

Chris Hart

I thought Gonzales just lost to Luling. If they lose to Yoakum and Cuero like expected they won't make the playoffs, and Cuero will go Div I.

Default Re: WHARTON District Vs CUERO District ..

Originally posted by 4x100jackets
    Crabman Cuero will be small school in the District if Gonzales makes the playoffs.. Cuero will face probably Sweeny the 3rd place school...WC will be big school in the District and will play Gonzales...Wharton will win the District and play the 2nd place team which will be Yoakum......

BIG School
    WC Vs Gonzales

Small School
    Cuero Vs Sweeny
    Wharton Vs Yoakum
    lol yes we all know this - but Gonzales making the playoffs is a BIG IF - but that is why we play the games so we will all have to wait and see how it turns out.

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

RBARKER

I will have to go with West Columbia in this game. I haven't seen Wharton play, but I did watch West Columbia give Barbers Hill all the wanted. West Columbia's Defense is very discaplined and their QB is good. They have a good little running back and if they have to go to the the air they have a talented group of recievers. Good Luck to both teams I'll give West Columbia a 7 point spread int this one.

LogieJoeBean001

Originally posted by scrub c
    Yep, should be a good one.
    Western Columbia has a chance to make it 4 straight over wharton going back to 1999.

96 WC 41- WH 22
    97 WC 20- WH 14
    98 WH 38- WC 15
    99 WC 30- WH 0
    00 WC 21- WH 20
    01 WC 40- WH 39
    02 DNP
    03 DNP
    I sure thought that Wharton played WC last year, and beat 'em. I guess I must have been thinking about the game in 2000. I see though that '00 and '01 were just one point ballgames and not the same personnel as they have now, obviously. These were all when WC was still 4a too! We're just gonna have to wait until Friday night and let the boys do the talking on the field. Remember too, everybody was talking about how Wharton was gonna get blown away by Cuero and the boys definitely showed up to play that night, offense and defense. This just shows that the defense can play when they want to!

the offense definitely showed up but i dont know about yalls defense...

RiverRatDad

Default Defense

Defense didn't show up in Cuero, but the last two games has allowed 233 yards against 4A Fredericksburg and 179 against Needville. A big help has been a balanced offense that has rushed for nearly as many yards as it has gained passing. The best defense is keeping your offense on the field. I think if Wharton limits their turnovers and doesn't give WC a bunch of short fields Wharton wins by 10+.

yeah wharton can beat almost any team if they dont turn the ball over... they had 0 turnovers against cuero and almost won... every other game they've had at least 2

All-American

Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001
    Remember too, everybody was talking about how Wharton was gonna get blown away by Cuero and the boys definitely showed up to play that night, offense and defense. This just shows that the defense can play when they want to!
    they gave up 55 points in the game........not much defense there.