Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Abilene Wylie v. Vernon Predictions

I would like to have your thoughts on this one. I have seen Vernon play but not Wylie, so I'm very interesting in the Wylie posters thoughts on the play of the Bulldogs so far this year.

Underwater Basketweaver

I haven't seen either of these teams play, but from what I've read on the internet, newspapers, and such. I would have to pick Abilene Wylie pretty big in this one.

Dont really know bout these teams this year but I'll pick Wylie by 8

LET'S KICK SHELL
    COWABUNGA

F.A.N.T.O.M. Physician and Speech Writer

wylie by 7
    TO ALL MY LOVE SLAVES OUT THERE.. BLACK MAGIC IS HERE.. IN THE FLESH BABY!!

westTXbest

Wylie by10.

Starter

Both teams are coming off of losses to good 4A teams and will want to get back on the winning track. Wylie will need to tighten up their pass defense that Aledo repeatedly exploited. Haven't seen Vernon play, but sounds like they're solid on both sides of the ball. I'll still be a homer and pick Wylie by 3 in a defensive battle.

Chief Woodman

I haveno idea. So much tradition and recent sucess by both teams. I am really intrested in how this one plays out. I'll give some love to my friend Z---Vernon by 3, but that's just me.
    Sort of poetic don't you see?

if Wylie is as good as last year, then Wylie by 14

Rooster#70

Wylie by 7

Practice Squad

Wylie by 10, something to prove after last week's fourth quarter meltdown. Have to give it to the Vernon coaching staff, Wylie for a Homecoming game??????? That takes lot's of guts or stupidity one.

Rookie

Not sure about Wylie and I have only caught about 8 mins of Vernons game with Springtown. Defense was good, but the offense seemed a little conservative. Not good when you get down in a game. I have officiated Vernon's JV team and they looked better than what I seen from the Varsity and could quite possibly beat them in a head to head game.

Forgot to add. In a defensive battle, Wylie by 7 in overtime.
    Final score 14-7
    Last edited by JasonTX; 09-13-2004 at 04:22 PM.

Letterman

For Wylie to be within 14 points of No. 4 Aledo, I'll pick Wylie over Vernon but not by much. Vernon has so much tradition and it showed up last year against Kennedale. This should be a close game to the end.

MHSvarsity2007

im picking vernon by 2

Vernon has a good defense. One problem is that many of the players go both ways so as the game goes on they get tired and that translates into missed tackles.

The offense has had trouble holding on to the football. 9 fumbles in last weeks game. Vernon showed flashes of greatness against Altus, Ok but then a fumble would happen. So it is hard to tell. If Vernon can hold on to the ball, Wylie will have their hands full. If Vernon turns it over like in the past three games, it will be a long night.

Not ready to make a prediction yet. I would like to know more about Wylie first.

DOGFAN

Wylie is pretty talented on both sides of the ball. They look a little better than they did at this point last year....when they aren't turning the ball over. They have decent depth that could give them an advantage but my only prediction is that the team with the fewest mistakes wins this one. I know just enough about Vernon to know you can't confidently bet against them