Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Titans

Default Decatur - how much proof do you want?

I've been saying for some time that Decatur should be #1, yet the biasness of the South is pulling y'all away.

There are good teams out there, but once Decatur beats up on Gainesville, Graham, Abilene Wylie, and they already destroyed Kennedale, they will be #1.

At that point, will we say they finally have proved it?

My heart is with Liberty Hill and Manor, being an Austin local, but Decatur looks like the real deal.

that qb must be a stud. Id like to see him play.

Chief Woodman

Originally posted by kaorder1999
    that qb must be a stud. Id like to see him play.
    Been telling you guys that for two years. The only folks that seemed to believe me were folks who saw him play. Everybody kept saying that he hasn't pllayed anybody. Well I guess he still hasn't.

They got my attention!!

I saw him play last year and he is the real deal. Quick, very good release. Throws it on a rope. Decatur is going to be a very tough team come playoff time. Their non-district schedule will have them ready for anyone.

Chris Hart

They're ranked #1 in my book by a landslide.

Underwater Basketweaver

Titans, it's okay. Decatur doesn't want to be #1, at least not now. Too much trouble comes with that stigma. Decatur just wants to play football and be #1 in week 15.

And yes, Dane is the real deal. He has great feet, he reads defenses as well as any high school QB I've ever seen, and he is very accurate with the ball. 16 TD's only 1 INT, almost 1000 yards in three games with a completion percentage between 75 and 80%. He hasn't played in the fourth quarter yet. I don't care if you are playing the blessed sisters of the poor, those stats aren't easy to come by.

tmac

i think it is either decatur or cuero no matter how bad their d was their o was that much better

spiveyrat

I'm a believer. The #1 ranking is all yours (in my book).

nigelmer

Dane is the real deal all right.....but give some credit to that O line too.....they give him all day to throw. I don't think he even has to call plays in the huddle.....just probably says something like "ya'll go out and run around....I'll stand here and throw to the first one I see open". Looks that easy from the stands anyway

Originally posted by nigelmer
    Dane is the real deal all right.....but give some credit to that O line too.....they give him all day to throw. I don't think he even has to call plays in the huddle.....just probably says something like "ya'll go out and run around....I'll stand here and throw to the first one I see open". Looks that easy from the stands anyway
    Do what works~ I kinda like the "just go out approach!"

PPHSfan

Decatur has a very good HS QB, but there has to be a reason he is not getting the D1 bluechip recognition that you would think goes with it. Size? Reads? Speed? Athletic Ability?

A golden arm is nice, but I'm curious what are the big college programs missing?

cuerofootball1

is decatur going d1 or d2 u think? i was just wondering if we would meet up with them. From the looks of things they are a pretty dang good team that would be a good playoff matchup for us

JasperDog94

Cuero doesn't even know if they're going D1 or D2 do they?

Underwater Basketweaver

Originally posted by PPHSfan
    Decatur has a very good HS QB, but there has to be a reason he is not getting the D1 bluechip recognition that you would think goes with it. Size? Reads? Speed? Athletic Ability?

A golden arm is nice, but I'm curious what are the big college programs missing?
    Size, size, size. He is a little short for their liking at 6'. I think someone is missing out on a great find. Someone will take a chance on this kid, and find out that 6' and 6'4" isn't that big of a deal. He makes up for it with his brain and competitive spirit. He knows how to win.