1. Monahans
    2. Midland Greenwood
    3. Seminole
    4. Lamesa
    5. Pecos
    6. Fort Stockton

1. Monahans Loboes Starters Returning 5/3 Last Year: 6-4
    Key Players: QB Kevin Kenyon, WR Tyson Carter, DE JW Burnett
    Outlook: Monahans surprised everyone by knocking off heavy favorite Greenwood to win the district after a rough start to 2003..look for the Loboes to once again be solid as Kenyon is back again after a great junior campaign....last year MHS's D was one of the better ones against the run again as they allowed less than 100 yards per game....

2. Midland Greenwood Rangers Starters Returning 2/5 Last Year: 7-3
    Key Players: LB Blake Higgins, DB Jarrel Brooks, RB Justin Sebree
    Outlook: Last Year was a disappointment for the Rangers as they didn't handle being the hunted too well...after a 15-1 2002 they fell to 7-3 despite having numerous key players back...this season's edition will be young and inexperienced...Higgins missed all of 2003 and would have helped out big time..Brooks averaged 14 tackles per game in 2003...

3. Seminole Indians Starters Returning 4/4 Last Year: 4-6
    Key Players: SS Phillip Suarez, RB Jeremy Hill, LB Steven Suarez
    Outlook: The Indians finished 2-3 in a tough district last year....however they move west in what could be a bit freindlier district...Seminole played favorite Monahans last year early and rolled to a 47-16 win....Suarez had 121 tackles last year..only 11 letterman return from last year however....

4. Lamesa Golden Tornadoes Starters Returning 9/6 Last Year: 2-8
    Key Players: TB Joseph Hill, QB Bryan Brown, FS Jeremiah Guerra
    Outlook: 2002 and 2003 were nightmares for a Lamesa program used to winning...in 2000 they were a top 5 program all year...but a stunning loss to Perryton in the 2001 playoffs really set things in a downward spiral..however for the first time in a few years Coach Branson has some weapons in his war chest....Hill leads an offense that averaged less than 5 points per game and was shut out 5 times in 2003...however Lamesa did beat Monahans last year well stunning the Loboes 7-0 in Week 5...

5. Pecos Eagles Starters Returning 5/5 Last Year: 2-7
    Key Players: RB Booker Fobbs, WR/RB Rashad Terry, DE Chad Evans
    Outlook: Pecos has been disappointing in 2 years at the 3A level missing the playoffs both years after making the playoffs in their final season at the 4A level....PHS does have speed to burn in Terry....Fobbs also can motor at 215 lbs....the defense must improve against the run for Pecos to earn a playoff spot...

6. Ft Stockton Panthers Starters Returning: 6/6 Last Year: 4-6
    Key Players: QB Wayne Jefferson, DE Matt Garvin, DE Cade Ezell
    Outlook: Jefferson did it all for Ft Stockton combining for over 3000 yards.....if he gets some help Ft Stockton will be dangerous..however the offense doesn't look like it has anymore play makers..the D should be solid on the perimeter with Garvin and Ezell..

As far as Greenwood goes...I am clueless. The RB, Justin Sebree, will be MY player to watch. He and my son have been very good friends for a very long time and he is like a second (actually, I guess it would be 5th) son to me!!

lobo12

good overview of monahans, the defense will be losing two great linebackers, defensive backs, a defensive tackle and end. if younger players can step up at lb the d should be ok. i agree with the top two spots but the 3rd place i am questionable. i think seminole will take 3rd place but if pecos decides to play next year and booker and terry run well watch out for the eagles

lobo12

just wondering matthew, how did you find out about all the players from the schools and who to watch, did you use campbells to help you or what?

Matthew expends a lot of energy collecting data from all over. He uses DC when it comes out, but normally just as a cross-check on the info he already has. I think you will find Matthew is much more accurate.

Designed and created by pirate44

All-American

I do use Dave's..but like sinton66 says basically I use Dave's just to double check things and add a few nuggets here and there...but I usually start researching in April...

Wtx_coach

Default hey

Hey Matt you did a great job of othe overview, well I think the district will be interesting, Im like Lobo12 if Terry and Fobbs can be productive and run the ball well , I think Pecos will have a shot at 3rd place, if not it might be a long season for the eagels, I really think Monahans will be the team to beat this year and for about 3 more years after that, I hear they have tons of talent in the lower levels!

lobo12

we do have a good underclass teams, the guys that are going to be sophomores this year havent ever lost a game since the seventh grade but like i said varsity is a lot different

westTXbest

Man where do u get your numbers from Greenwood has more than 2 coming back on offense, they have everyone but 1 ol ,Te, rb and qb.

lobo12

what about the receivers, brooks and zachary

westTXbest

they really didnt have any startin recievers, they rotated like 5 or 6 and they only lost 2 of those. On offense they r really just getiing a new qb and rb.

westTXbest

but the d fense is another question nly like 4 or 5 coming back bunch of new faces and unexperieced players this year.

Originally posted by westTXbest
    they really didnt have any startin recievers, they rotated like 5 or 6 and they only lost 2 of those. On offense they r really just getiing a new qb and rb.
    What is your opinion of the RB this year? If he can keep his head in the game, I think he will be fine!

westTXbest

I think he is going to be very good. He is really fast and sees the field good.

I know you told me this before, but what position does J.P. play?