Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    LiquidAlloyedSteel

Default Bellville this year?

How good will they be? Did they graduate a bunch of good folks?

Yes, they did graduate a bunch of good folks. Bellville will return some great talent, but they will have many holes to fill. The undefeated 2003 freshman class and the district winning junior varsity will do their best to fill those holes. Most people believe that Bellville will be down from the previous years. My inside source (Red Mustache), keeps telling me that Bellville will quickly reload with some great young talent and remain one of the better 3A teams. I hope he's right!

Hey LiquidAlloydSteel, are you from the Bellville area?

All-State

We'll have some seniors who have a lot of experience and have been waiting for their turn. We may have a few holes, but I believe in the Brahmas and the Bellville tradition. Those guys are in the weight room at every opportunity and with Red Mustache closer to the Pasture than ever, I have complete confidence that the Bulls will come out snortin' and only get better every quarter.Go Brahmas!!

All-American

Go Brahmas! I hope the best for yall(unless we meet, LOL). You guys are cool.

BigChief

The folks in Gonzales are excited by starting a home & home with Bellville this year. Its about time they've changed the schedule. Tired of playing Floresville every year.

All-State

Love ya, SintonFan. Of course, you know we are always for the Pirates! And yes, Big Chief, Gonzales will be a fun tradition to start. Beware of the Brahmas, though!

Yes BrahmaMom, Red mustache is cutting hair close to the Pasture. He is really enjoying working in Bellville, where he can keep up with his Brahmas. He has decorated his shop with pictures of Bellville football players.

Bellville22

Bellville did graduate loads of talent, and more importantly...leadership. Last year's senior class was about as good a class as you could ask for. Talent, leadership, poise, dedication, they had it all.

Should be a new look to the Brahmas of 2004. They won't have the luxury of such a balanced offensive attack, that was one of the best in the state. Losing Jess Buenger at QB will be a big blow. Aside from his ability to throw the ball so well, he was a brilliant field general, and the Bulls basically had a coach on the field. All signs point to Emmanuel Sanders (#10, WR) taking over that role. This young man probably has a future at a DI school as a WR or DB, but this year he'll most likely have to run the show. He doesn't have near the passing ability of Buenger, but does bring more raw athleticism to the position. When this kid got his hands on the ball last year, he seemed to make things happen. Brilliant agility and the kind of flat out speed that allowed him to run away from an extremely fast Marlin secondary. It should be exciting to see him be able to touch the ball every play next year, but he's certainly won't be your conventional QB. The backfield should be able to make things happen, even with a potentially shaky O-line. Offensively the Brahmas will have some athletes and playmakers touch the ball. Don't expect to see the versitile attack of last year, as this year's team quite simply doesn't have the personel to execute such an offense. I expect to see a little option, and quite a bit of misdirection, as Bellville will have several backs that can score from anywhere. We might also see quite a few busted plays turn into big gains.

Defensively the Brahmas I'm sure will once again be solid. Coach Valentine does a great job scheming a defense with his personel. I look for the D to be fast, but not big. The strength will most likely be the D-line, mainly the interior. They return several DTs that will anchor that line, and allow a speedy core of LBs and DBs to run around and make plays.

It's nearly impossible to expect this team to achieve the level of 03's. There certainly is some talent that the coaches will have the opportunity to mold into a great group. I think the Bulls can simply out-athlete some teams, but may have a hard time in physical games. I'm anxious to see who will step up and be leaders of this team, as so many did last year. Expect to see quite a few Sophs. contribute, as that is a tremendous class.

In my opinion right now, I see Navasota and Rice Consol. being the teams to beat in D23, with Bellville edging out Sealy for the final playoff spot. Granted this could change once I learn more about Navasota and Rice, but right now, that's the way I see it playing out. If things go the right way, this Bellville team could win the district, but at the same time, things falling the other way could see Bellville not make the playoffs. It's going to be an interesting year, one I can't wait to see unfold.

I think Bellville will have a good year. Rice, too, has lost quite a few players and it will be interesting to see how this district will pan out. Right now I see Rice, Bellville and Navasota fighting it out with Sealy trying to squeeze in. I look forward to an exciting year. Glad to be back in this district, even though it's going to be a tough one.
    Go Raiders!!!

All-State

Heard about the Red Storm Barber Shop,Bull'sEye. "BrahmaDad", my better half, will hit there the next time the need arises. I haven't stopped by to see the deocr, but heard I'd like it. Brahma fans, let's support Red Mustache like he does our boys. 22, not a bad synopsis of the '04 Brahmas. I think Sanders is going to be fun to watch. And let's not forget that lots of those guys that got moved up for the play-offs saw playing time, a valuable experience. I think they'll be able to make the play-offs, they are working hard over the summer. Welcome back, CheerMom, we're not a dull district.

All-American

The Bulls win D23 in a tie with Rice and advance three games in post season IMHO. Overall 10-3. No way does Bellville not get at least a piece of D23.

All-State

I like your thinking, Pud. I hope it plays out well for the Bulls. Congrats on a great run in baseball--what a fun year for LG!

marlin fan

Go Bellville Cant wait to play yall in week 2 maybe this year i will get to meet some of you fine bellville people!!!!!

Bellville will open the season against Caldwell, this game has been moved to Round Rock Stadium and will be played Saturday afternoon on Aug 28. This game will be part of triple-header football classic.

Chris Hart

Originally posted by Bull's-eye
    Bellville will open the season against Caldwell, this game has been moved to Round Rock Stadium and will be played Saturday afternoon on Aug 28. This game will be part of triple-header football classic.
    What other games will be played that day Bulls-eye? That's practically in our back yard. I don't expect Caldwell to be much of a challenge for Bellville, but if there are some other good match-ups, I may take the oppurtunity to get a look at Bellville and some other teams. Good luck to the Brahmas this year!