Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I'm movin' on up!!

I just found out today that my little rinky dink cable company is going to offer high speed internet in the very near future.

No more slow downloads...no more waiting forever for pages to load......I am SO happy!!

Bye Bye AOL and good riddance......(I hope I can afford high speed internet!!!)

cool rm you better get aim though haha

Sans Couth

The cool part about it is that if you get broadband through your cable company. You can get your TV, Internet, And Telephone, all on the same fiber optic line. And your phone bill will be 20 bucks a month for unlimited long distance in the US and Canada. I love my new broadband phone. I had about a gazillion long distance minutes last month and my phone bill was 20 bucks. The same calling 2 months ago would have cost me over 100 bucks with Verizon. Not to mention the 39 bucks for basic service to boot. Broadband telephone is the next big thing. If you want to know more PM me.

marlin fan

Default Re: I'm movin' on up!!

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    I just found out today that my little rinky dink cable company is going to offer high speed internet in the very near future.

No more slow downloads...no more waiting forever for pages to load......I am SO happy!!

Ugh your leaving dail up and leaving me by my self on dail up... is it not like i dont already have enough problems HUH rangermom???

AggieJohn

it's amazing you've posted all this with dialup, im even more impressed with your dedication to 3ADl

La Grange

I am a stickler for antiques and classics, so I am still useing dial-up for personal esthetics .

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

That's cool, Ranger Mom. My husband "accidentally" signed up for high speed a few days ago. (Don't ask...) This is the first chance I've had to try it out. It's so much faster than dial-up. As soon as I can get it set up for work, I'm cancelling the data phone line. I can just imagine how much better it is going to be to do pbp updates for games that are online
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

JasperDog94

I'm on dial up at home but I have a T1 at work. I'm just can't justify 50 bucks a month for high speed internet.

Sans Couth

Originally posted by JasperDog94
    I'm on dial up at home but I have a T1 at work. I'm just can't justify 50 bucks a month for high speed internet.
    Could you justify 50 bucks a month for highspeed if your entire phone bill dropped to 20 bucks?

I have DSL at work and have become so spoiled to it!! I can hardly stand to come home and get on this thing!!

It's fine right now...but when football season is in full force, it just doesn't move fast enough between threads for me!!

Default Re: I'm movin' on up!!

Originally posted by Ranger Mom

well...my town said that and it took over a year and a half for them to finally do it....

Originally posted by Sans Couth
    Could you justify 50 bucks a month for highspeed if your entire phone bill dropped to 20 bucks?
    I know I could!! Sans Couth, is that with all the bells and whistles....like call waiting, caller ID, call waiting ID and 3 way??
    Those are musts on my phones!!

Default Re: Re: I'm movin' on up!!

Originally posted by kaorder1999
    well...my town said that and it took over a year and a half for them to finally do it....
    You are the second person to tell me that...what are yall trying to do to me??

lepfan

I really hope they have DSL where I am going....I don't think I could go back to dial up without having a stroke....

dsl is so awesome though....i couldnt live without it