All-American

Default USA Today/Nat. Fastpitch Coaches Assoc.-Region III team ranked #1

NATIONAL SOFTBALL HS POLL

#1 Fort Bend Elkins(Missouri City, TX) 30-0--Region III Considered the best team in the United States.

#6 St Amant(St Amant, LA) 15-2-2--I have seen this handpicked private school team play-- they are phenomenal.

#7 LaPorte HS(LaPorte, Tx) 24-1. They were ranked #2 but lost a game recently. Bridge City played them in a post season warmup last year and actually led them for a while but they have some extra heavy sticks that get them the wins.

#12 Garland HS(Garland, TX) 20-1 from Region II

#15 Tomball HS(Tomball, TX) 23-1 Region III

AggieJohn

Frickin elkins good at everything....

JasperDog94

Default Re: USA Today/Nat. Fastpitch Coaches Assoc.-Region III team ranked #1

Originally posted by Old Cardinal
    #6 St Amant(St Amant, LA) 15-2-2--I have seen this handpicked private school team play-- they are phenomenal.
    Yet another reason that we don't need private schools competing in UIL.

All-American

To Dog 94, I really had no opinion on this issue until last year when I got to observe how the Private school recruitment works so effectively. The non-recruiting public school programs cannot compete with them-they even recruite outside of the State. I hope we don't end up with a carbon-copy of what Louisiana has for athletics!

JasperDog94

OC - That's exactly what I'm worried about. And why, oh why would Texas EVER copy something from Louisiana's educational system?

man....La Porte is number 7...that sucks my Sterling Rangers play them on the 8th...hopefully they can get an upset but number 7 in the nation is hard to beat