Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    TarponKing

Thumbs up Battle of Highway 100

Let the battle begin. Good luck to both teams, may the best team win.

Kool Tarpon 21

I can't wait to face the Falcons. They may have vandalized our school in a pathetic attempt to intimidate us, but all they accomplished was to ignite our desire to go all out on the football field against them. Good luck Falcons. May the best team win.

Exclamation

Go Tarpons!

But don't let the season hinge on this game, as Los Fresnos usually does. The game the following week is much more important as we open up district play with Rio Hondo and their trash-talking coaches.

"If I have one, I'll have 13"---Blake Shelton

All-American

Question

When did the Rio Hondo coaching staff start talking smack??? I always knew the La Feria staff talked smack to us, and always got burned. When did all this with the RH staff start?

Good Luck Tarpons, we're pulling for ya!

Designed and created by pirate44

eye of the tiger

Good luck Tarps.

Best Wishes Tarpons; just some advise don't scoop to their level and do the same to their school and advise others not to do the same. Just beat them on the field that will mean alot more!!!

By the way, I havent been able to see the site since Friday. My computer at home is temp. out of commission, I have a co-worker fixing it but as of today I don't have it yet and it's driving me crazy cuz I wasn't able to get on the site all this weekend and post scores I notice no one did either for the rgv 3a so I will do that later, If I get a chance and besides I also have some personal good news that I want to share (it invloves HS football)and don't really have the time to write it from work.

BTW thanks Sinton66 & Eye of the Tiger for the Best wishes!!!!

[This message has been edited by footballgal (edited September 16, 2002).]

Wunderkindepiphany

Ok, I have to give my two bits. Bullbutter, you have arduously tried to illustrate the point that LF lays all its focus on the PI-LF game, and that they end up losing in district because of that. LF has gone on to the playoffs to play Alice numerous years, and have taken district 3 times in the last decade. Maybe last year was an off year...Let me clear your misconceptions. LF takes the game as a rivalry (a given amount of enthusiam is expected from rivalry), and in my opinion they use the PI-LF game to hone their dull edges before district play starts. LF is the only undefeated team in 32-4A as of right now, having beaten Donna (the top ranked team in the Valley), Sharyland, Pace(5A), and San Benito(5A) so far. LF is the top ranking offensive team in the Valley not having had a game under 31 points so far. As far as PI "stooping" to LF's level, I was a student at LF last year and on the game day morning we had a caravan with all the team and girls and we had expected to return to our school from our caravan to find an excited crowd...Instead, when we entered our school premises in our caravan we found toilet paper in our trees, spray-snow on our windows bearing the pTi insignia, painted PI logos on our front foyer floor and all kinds of the like on our front yard. The paint on LF's front foyer floor still hasnt been removed, it is there for good. Shennanigans are exchanged every year between these two schools, let it ride. So, if you want to talk about good sportsmanship, taking the higher road, and discipline using LF as an example of a bad role-model...know the facts! LF wil decimate PI this weekend, and as much as I respect the PI community, band and football team, I don't think there is anything anyone can do to stop the inevitable.

The fact that Los Fresnos fans hang out on a 3A board only further proves my point that they are obsessed with PI.

"If I have one, I'll have 13"---Blake Shelton

*** Ejected Player ***

Originally posted by Bull Butter:
    The fact that Los Fresnos fans hang out on a 3A board only further proves my point that they are obsessed with PI.
    I don't think this has anything to do with him being obsessed with PI. It's really self centered to be thinking that other people are obsessed with you. Los Fresnos is not the only among many non-3a schools that are spoken about on this forum. I don't mean to speak against fellow Tarpons and fans but to say that Los Fresnos is obsessed with us doesn't seem to make too much sense to me. When is the last time PI beat LF? I can't even remember that game. I know I was there but it was quite a while ago. They have no reason to be obsessed with us aside for the fact that we are an easy win for them.
    If anyone is obsessed with another team, it is PI obsessed with Los Fresnos because it's human nature to crave what one does not have which brings on the whole football band controversy. YEAH, IM GONNA BRING THAT UP! The band has several state titles, something that the football team craves. WHO WOULDNT! It's a high honor. If anyone is obsessed, it's PI. They seem to have shown to be quite obsessive in the past.
    Have you guys also forgotten that we are huge rivals simply because we share a highway and are basically adjacent towns? That's how it works. I know wunder has friends in PI and that went to school here for a while too, what's wrong with that? I've got friends there and I'm interested in how their school is doing.
    I don't think he's obsessed and the only reason I'm making a big deal about this is because it struck me as very egotistical to see someone from PI say that Los Fresnos is obsessed with Port Isabel. They've done things to us, they painted on our school, they stole a band uniform from our bandhall (??), well, hello! we painted and trashed their school, painted their FFA pigs blue (i know because i think my mother was part of that (!) heh...that is kinda amusing and neat though...anyway..

BUT- that's all I'm going to say. I'm not up for arguing on this topic, this isnt rgvsports, I don't want to hear about band, I don't want to hear about PI/LF. You can say what you want, I'm not going to argue. I shared my opinion with you and that's all.

:-DThink what you want about it.

[This message has been edited by TarponR13K (edited September 17, 2002).]

Wunderkindepiphany

man, you've really just got it out against LF, don't ya? I am not obsessed with PI, and as for the football team at LF, I can not speak for them. I saw the link to this site on RGVSPORTS posted by footballgal and decided to visit it. I really liked the site, and have some friends from Bandera who are supporters and members of the football team. Im just a visitor, may i ask what school you root for at games BULLbutter? Im sorry I dont own the right to post on this forum, ass...

Wunderkindepiphany

Bullbutter, your answer to the aforementioned question should show you exactly WHO is obsessive...

*** Ejected Player ***

you're welcome here man, don't worry about those jerks. they're just sore losers.

Wunderkindepiphany

So, are any of you out of Valleyer's making the trip down for the annual Battle of HWY 100? Should be a doozy...I plan to watch KoolTarpon and see how he does in this game. He says hes been practicing. Also have there been any cases of vandalism yet in PI? I' out of the LF loop, since I made the switch to Hanna. Damn ghetto. Anyway, see y'all out at Leo Aguilar Stadium with what will hopefully be a night with good weather. I KNOW it'll be packed! Peace all.

this seems like a very intense rilvary from what i have been reading on this board