Brahma73

Exclamation Bellville 23AAA Softball Champs?

According to a Houston Chronicle boxscore, Columbus beat Sealy in softball last night 6-5. Apparently, trailing 5-0 in the bottom of the 6th, the Lady Cardinals scored 3 in the 6th and 3 in the seventh for the win. What a game this must have been if this is true. Does anybody know?

Bellville 18, Hempstead 0

If the Columbus/Sealy score is correct, Bellville Brahmanettes are again 23AAA champions, and the big showdown in Sealy on Tuesday night is for braggin' rights only.

Bellville22

Congrats Brahmanettes!!! How bout makin' it 10-0 anyway.

All-American

Congrats to Bellville! It looks like if you can get by the winner of Barbers Hill vs Orangefield then there is a good chance we(Bridge City) will meet you again. I would suspect that you will be playing Barbers Hill. They have excellent talent in the three Gonzales girls(Crystal, Hope and Samantha) and others. They are a little unpredictable but can mount an excellent front on a given ballgame. Hope to see you again a few rounds deep in the playoffs...

Brahma73

We're takin' them one game at a time. Would love to see you guys again, and maybe this time we'll meet in person, OC! Our kids are really excited to be district champs again with only 4 returning starters from last year. The immediate goal is to take care of Sealy on Tuesday for our second straight 10-0 season. This game will be tough, as Sealy needs the win to stay alone in 2nd and avoid a play-off/coin toss(?) with Columbus. But if you know anything about rivalries in our district, you know there's a much bigger reason to win when Bellville plays Sealy at anything.

The Highway 36 rivalry is one of the best in the state. I promise you, records go out the window when these to schools meet. Sealy is a very good softball team with good pitching and plenty of speed. It'll be as good a game as there will be in the state.

Go Brahmanettes! Go #13!!

All-American

I agree, it should be a good game. Coach Casey Anderson and Carmine are good friends, he does a good Coaching job for Sealy. See you soon! It's kind of interesting Barbers Hill faces probably Hardin who just upset Hamshire-Fannett 4-2 -a pretty good team. A month ago I would have said Hardin would be a total pushover against Barbers Hill; however, that little young team as been getting a little better each week! Enjoy your bye, it's going to be a tough run for all the teams in Region III. I really think we have the best top 12 or so teams in the State entering the postseason.