Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Cuero's out (Article)

The Gobbla Times

CUERO - Cuero Athletic Director and Head Coach Mark Reeve will forfeit all of Cuero's games next season.

"You know, I just don't want to be humiliated by all of those Region 3 teams." said Reeve Monday Night while surfing the 3A Down Low website, a website dedicated to 3A football..

"It would just be stupid to play, I mean sure we may be able to reach the semi's, but then what? We'd be seeing something around 89-0, we just can't hang."

<small>[ February 09, 2004, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

Gasilla

That's probably a good idea!! wink

All-American

That may be a very smart move on Cuero's part to not face WO-S....But first you have to beat a good Sinton team to get there. I don't believe that will ever happen!....Boy you are kind of fun to tick off!LOL

Gobbla2001:
    The Gobbla Times

CUERO - Cuero Athletic Director and Head Coach Mark Reeve will forfeit all of Cuero's games next season.

"You know, I just don't want to be humiliated by all of those Region 3 teams." said Reeve Monday Night while surfing the 3A Down Low website, a website dedicated to 3A football..

"It would just be stupid to play, I mean sure we may be able to reach the semi's, but then what? We'd be seeing something around 89-0, we just can't hang."
    eek! eek! ...oh my gosh...you can't be serious...your AD decided to forfeit all the games just because of what was said here???...I can't believe anybody would be so stupid...this is a site dedicated to opinions and thoughts...for a coach to take a website seriously enough to fofeit all his games is absolutely ridiculous. I have officially lost all repect whatsoever for Cuero's football program...I guess they really are a bunch of turkeys after all... wink

Old Cardinal:
    That may be a very smart move on Cuero's part to not face WO-S....But first you have to beat a good Sinton team to get there. I don't believe that will ever happen!....Boy you are kind of fun to tick off!LOL
    Yah, Sinton's bringing back a heck of a team this year...

I don't believe that will ever happen!

Guess you didn't pay attention to the outcome of that score this year...

Not nice to rub it in, Gobbla. You might hurt my feelings.

Designed and created by pirate44

All-American

Gobbla...you know you are crazy, right? I understand what you are doing (we went through this two years) but I wish it could be done without the appearance your fun was aimed at the school. Since I don't see a way that could be done, carry on!
    Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
    kep is always 100% serious. He doesn't joke and doesn't like people who do.

sinton66:
    Not nice to rub it in, Gobbla. You might hurt my feelings.
    You know I'd never do that... On purpose anyway...

Just doin' a little informin' ya know?

Game's in Cuero this year you think?

We'll go eat at Don Bravos...

Yea, probably is. Haven't seen OUR schedule yet. Can't get a return email from my coach buddy. You'd think he was tied up on something else. wink

Well get on it, we're either eating tortilla-burgers or greasy mexican food...

I've actually got five feelers out. Surely somebody'll know SOMETHING before long.

St. Ivender

Unhappy

Gobbla2001:
    The Gobbla Times

This is a very courageous move by your coach. He is definitely Region 4 material. I guess yall are stuck on 574 wins until 2005. Alas!!

<small>[ February 10, 2004, 08:07 AM: Message edited by: St. Ivender ]</small>

HoHoHo

Isn't Cuero a suburb of Yorktown?

Junior Varsity

The Orange Leader

CALLALEN, TEXAS

The Callalen I.S.D. has announced the hiring of Mark Reeve as the new coach of their high school football team. This follows a strange move by Reeve, former head coach of the Cuero Gobblers, in which he forfeited Cuero's full schedule apparently to avoid a humiliating state semifinal loss.

When asked about why such a sudden move was made, a source within the Callalen I.S.D. administration who asked to be unnamed, explained, "We have been looking for ways to end our humiliating streak of 13 consecutive losses in semi-final games and Coach Reeve has shown that he can provide unique solutions to our problems."

When asked for comment, members of the Cuero I.S.D. were unusually estatic at suddenly losing their head coach. They also noted that they were immediately notifying the UIL in order to reverse the forfeitures announced by Coach Reeve.

In Orange, Texas, however, Coach Reeve's move to the 4A ranks was met with deep concern on the part of West Orange-Stark Coach Dan Hooks. It appears that this may unravel a deal that Hooks had with all 3A teams to simply forfeit any playoff games which pitted them against WO-S. "The fans here have been getting restless about us giving them another state champion, I thought we had it in the bag with this deal. Now it looks like we are gonna actually have to play someone for the doggone thing."

<small>[ February 10, 2004, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: WOSgrad ]</small>
    What do I know? I am just a MORON!!!