Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: giddings rumors

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    mindy

Post giddings rumors

eek! can someone tell me the new word on the campus of giddings and whats going on ... hint (head coach maybe)

INOUNVME

Nice post there Mindy. Hope you get lots of attention on this one. Few things to remember when it comes to rumors. First, when a new system is taking place, there will always be rumors. Second, when tough times fall, again rumors will be flying. Thirdly, when a well-loved coach leaves, once again rumors will run crazy. I am not posting to be an a$$, but to point out the obvious. I wish EVERYONE in Giddings the best on their run to the play-offs. Coaches, good luck and keep 'em going hard. Kiddos, keep your heads up and play 'em one at a time. Community, support the kids, they need to see it and hear it. Not preaching here, but once again, stating the obvious. Hope everyone in G-Town is doing well. Good luck against those Hippos. GATA Now, let the rumors continue, I am off my soapbox.

mindy

Wink

great post inounvme, do not need attention, really just wondering why the buff nation has been so quite on the 3a down low,,,, you must know coach ivey very well as i remember, how is he holding up...????

slinky006

i myself have wondered why the posting by giddings fans has been rapidly declining the past few weeks. As for the rumors, i have also heard things, but since there is no way i can verify the things i have heard, i will keep my mouth shut and silently ponder. good luck to the Herd on Friday.........hope you guys can make a playoff run.......

INOUNVME

Mindy, to answer the question the best I can, Coach Ivey is surviving. Two (2) weeks left in the season and the play-offs are out of the picture. Guess when you are in that position, you have to take it one day at a time and just keep your head above water. Hope everything is well in Giddings. Tough loss to La Grange on Firday night, but the kiddos seemed to have lots of fight in them. Any truth to rumors that have been flying concerning changes?

gochargers!!

Considering the tough schedule these guys had at the beginning of the season, I think they have done well. They played some of the toughest teams in the state before district, and they held their own. They have been in virtually every game, and had chances to win the La Grange game, had it not been for a couple of key plays. INOUNVME is right, the first year is always tough. However, w/ a win over Hutto, the BUFFS are in the playoffs. There is something to be said for that. KEEP YOUR HEADS UP, BUFFALO NATION!!! Go out there Friday and BEAT THE HIPPOS!!!

INOUNVME

Gochargers, I do like your support of the Buffs. Hope that they do get after the Hippos and secure a play-ff spot. After that, anything can happen. I do have to say this, that Buffalo Nation stuff is wearing me out. Cut it out please. I realize that times change and there is a new regime, but come on now. I care about those players in Giddings more than you can imagine and this Buffalo Nation stuff is not what they are all about. Stick with old faithful - GATA, HAW, or Buffalo Pride.

buffalo booster

The rumors are definitely out there...

Some folks have said that Coach Odell won't be back next year. Some folks have said that Coach Ivey wants to return to Giddings. All of these rumors are, of course, rooted in the won-loss record.

If the Buffs were 6-2, instead of 2-6, nobody would be payin' much attention to the rumors. But, people (players, parents, fans) are pretty frustrated with the way things are going. And, I believe that the coaching staff has to accept at least some of the responsibility.

I agree with GoChargers above. The Herd has had a tuff schedule and the kids have played well enough to win most of their games. But, the "new offense" experiment was a bust in the first 3 games. The QB shuffle wasn't very effective either... So, it is pretty easy to point the finger at the coaches for the way that things are going.

Personally, I have mixed feelings about this thread. I'd like to hear what other Buffalo fans have to say but, at the same time, I almost wish we could save our discussion for later. (I doubt that this is possible, though.) The kids are one win away from the playoffs and they need to stay focused. I really don't want to create any division in the Buffalo Nation.

So, I need to insert something positive here. With a victory over Hutto or Elgin (hopefully, both), Giddings will clinch a spot in the playoffs for the 5th straight year. Go Buffs!

INOUNVME

I for one have heard all of the rumors going around. I responded earlier as to why rumors actually start and continue. The first year can be very tough. Also, you have to take into consideration on how well a new staff and the kids respond to one another. Sometimes there just isn't any chemistry. The record could be 6-2 or 2-6 and without continuity between coaches and players, the season will be difficult. From my limited knowledge base of happenings, this seems to be the problem. I have heard that many folks were upset not at the record or performance, but overall attitude. I am not knocking anyone or anything, just stating how I feel and what I have observed. Did this make any sense to anyone or was I just rambling? Good luck to the Buffs and get after 'em early. GATA

lovedaddy06

Talking

Just one thing to remember folks, people hate change. You can glorify it all you want with rumors, but people hate change. I have only attended one game this year and I know the Giddings folks pretty well. It's a small town and people are not use to a guy that has new ideas or offensive systems. All they said was what kind of offense are they running the whole game. I know for fact when Coach Warrick took over for his first season the town wanted him hung the streets because of the simple fact it was a new offensive scheme and so forth. The stands were empty after starting 0-4. All these things will lay aside when Giddings does make the playoffs. Got to like thier odds with Hutto and Elgin left.

gobraves

Thumbs up

First, I want to say roll on BUFFALO NATION! I am not sure where the phrase came from but I understand that it came up in a conversation with a friend and gochargers...if this is true, I say well done friend!
    Second, I would like to weigh in on this rumor situatuation. This staff has only coached 8 games!! What are we Jerry Jones? Are we not going to give this staff a chance? I realize that there is nothing more beloved than a coach who has success in a program and then moves on but it is not fair to judge these guys so quickly. Let's give them a chance. I believe they will produce players that THE NATION will be proud of for years to come as well as this years playoff run!
    Third, we may not have taken care of business in LaGrange last week but Hippos beware we are heading in your direction! After this win we will be playoff bound!
    Finally, INOUNVME, just a word for you, dude! It is time for a change. Times change and I throw my full support behind booster and gochargers when I say it is great to be able to hear "THE RUMBLE FROM THE NATION" coming! So if you don't like it then get out of our way because BUFFALO NATION RULES
    !
    gobraves

<small>[ October 30, 2002, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: gobraves ]</small>

Do you think Giddings will win out??

INOUNVME

Gobraves, I am glad that you are vocal in support of Buffalo Nation, "dude". Agree, change can be a good thing, when needed. Do you honestly think that a change was needed in Giddings? The program was established and set. What is to change. Dude, I have been part of one of the most succesfull programs in the state of Texas - as a player and coach. I watched this program go to trash because people did not respect the tradition that was built. Building tradition and a program takes lots of work and effort on the parts of athletes, faculty, coaching staff, and community. You go out and ask the community of Giddings if they wanted this type of change you are talking about DUDE. I have said it before and now again, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Ever heard that one, DUDE?

*** Ejected Player ***

mindy:
    great post inounvme, do not need attention, really just wondering why the buff nation has been so quite on the 3a down low,,,, you must know coach ivey very well as i remember, how is he holding up...????
    Nothing shuts people up like a losing season.
    J2K

What is the problem? Coach Ivey has moved on to the 5A level and has to be drawing big $$$'s.I assume numerous assistants went with him. From what i understand, Giddings lost the house last year to graduation.Any new staff that did not inherit those kinds of players will definitely not be as good.Sometimes that is hard to accept but coaches are only as good as their players.