Starter

Default Why is TEA delaying enrollment report?

The last TEA enrollment report was posted on Dec. 7, 2021.

What is TEA afraid of in posting most recent enrollment numbers?
    24 down ... 24 to go.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Twirling Time View Post
    The last TEA enrollment report was posted on Dec. 7, 2021.

What is TEA afraid of in posting most recent enrollment numbers?
    To prevent Realignment nerds like me from being able to predict who's going up or down?

Heh, sorry, but your guess is as good as mine.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas View Post
    To prevent Realignment nerds like me from being able to predict who's going up or down?

Heh, sorry, but your guess is as good as mine.
    It's on line now if you still don't know.

Starter

They finally dropped it on a Sunday using numbers from last December 8.

Makes you still wonder what they're trying to hide.
    24 down ... 24 to go.

Starter

Sherman looking at a bump to the state's highest classification for the first time since 1993. Total 8-11 enrollment is 2,380. Last 6A cutoff was 2,220. The new high school has made all the difference.

Celina stays 4A D-I for one more cycle. Total 8-11 enrollment is 1,176.
    24 down ... 24 to go.

Starter

Gunter on the bubble between 3A D-I and D-II, but trend indicates a bump up. 8-11 enrollment for this spring is 370. Cutoff should rise, but GISD enrollment should increase in the fall as well. Tigers have held their own against the likes of Pilot Point and the Boros in recent years, so should still remain a state caliber player.
    24 down ... 24 to go.

Starter

Anna ISD is a lock for 5A to join Melissa. 8-11 enrollment is 1,470. Surprised it took them longer.
    24 down ... 24 to go.

Starter

Denison ISD is safely 5A D-II at 1.435 in grades 8-11. They've actually grown a tick, which is great. Can't ever remember them above 1,400.
    24 down ... 24 to go.

All-District

Actually it was Friday afternoon. I usually check on this about this time of the year when numbers are expected.

All-American

Where are you guys finding the info? I'm trying, but I'm getting roadblocked somehow.

All-American

Finally figured it out.

Port Isabel still staying 4A D2 for the next realignment.

Checking out numbers elsewhere in South Texas, there may be a 5A D2 dropping to 4A D1 depending on where the cutoff numbers land. And a current 16-4A DII member will be on the 4A/3A bubble.
    Last edited by TarponFanInNorthTexas; 04-24-2023 at 05:06 PM.

If Raymondville drops, that pretty much guarantees PI & Grulla will be back with Sinton, Ingleside, Robstown & West Oso for Football(not R-F). As it was 2 years ago, Orange Grove & Bishop will be on the bubble(just depends on what the cutoff # is). I don't see Lyford or Aransas Pass (close last time) moving up. One thing to keep an eye on is a 3A school on the southern outskirts of Corpus Christi that is growing by leaps & bounds. There are several subdivisions where just a few years ago was nothing but farmland. By the October snapshot date, London could be close to 4A enrollment. If not, 2024-26 will definitely be their last rodeo in 3A

"If I have one, I'll have 13"---Blake Shelton

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Bull Butter View Post
    If Raymondville drops, that pretty much guarantees PI & Grulla will be back with Sinton, Ingleside, Robstown & West Oso for Football(not R-F). As it was 2 years ago, Orange Grove & Bishop will be on the bubble(just depends on what the cutoff # is). I don't see Lyford or Aransas Pass (close last time) moving up. One thing to keep an eye on is a 3A school on the southern outskirts of Corpus Christi that is growing by leaps & bounds. There are several subdivisions where just a few years ago was nothing but farmland. By the October snapshot date, London could be close to 4A enrollment. If not, 2024-26 will definitely be their last rodeo in 3A
    Yeah, I checked on London when I was rummaging through numbers. They will be top end 3A I think for 24-26. The alignment after that, though, definitely 4A numbers.

And depending on cutoffs, Raymondville might drop. They are right at 560 or very close to that, so very low end 4A DII. However, IF they do drop to 3A, don't be surprised if Port Isabel and/or La Grulla opt up to D1.

Now, looking WAY ahead into Port Isabel's future.....26-28 PI should still in the 600-ish range thanks in part to a large 9th grade class, so solid 4A DII numbers. It's the 28-30 alignment that might drop Port Isabel down to 3A. Those are some pretty small class sizes in this year's 4th, 6th, and 7th grades. Grades 4, 5, 6, and 7 total number is in the 550-555 range which would put them right on the 4A/3A bubble.
    Last edited by TarponFanInNorthTexas; 04-26-2023 at 07:42 PM.

Starter

I will amend my previous on Celina. I've been told growth this spring has been INSANE. They could easily add 200 more kids over the summer and be right on the doorstep of 5A. That Denison game could be sooner than you think.
    24 down ... 24 to go.