Starter

Default I am thinking that several Texas teams have already won 4 consecutive State Titles

Saw this on the local TV station hear in Austin and I am guessing they meant 6A classification but the article seems to indicate no high school in Texas history has won 4 consecutive State Titles.

I am pretty sure their biggest Rival Lake Travis won 5 consecutive State Titles , then there is Carthage , Aledo , Celina, Sealy , possibly Mart . Hope I can do the link

correctly . https://www.kxan.com/sports-general/...r-done-before/

All-American

Lake Travis did win 5 in a row, and that’s the only time that has happened.

Celina and Sealy are the only ones to 4-peat (along with LT obviously), I believe.

Aledo and Carthage have both 3-peated a couple times, but never 4-peated. Allen also had a 3-peat during Kyler Murray’s reign.

Murray and Celina’s Adam Herrin are still only Texas QBs to lead teams to 3 straight titles.

Getting one state title is hard enough in today’s game. Multiple titles is amazing. Stringing that many together is almost impossible. You think of how crazy Aledo and Carthage have been in the past 14-15 years, and even they have not won 4 in a row. Hard to do in today’s game and at that high of a classification.

Starter

Thanks for the response Dot as I was beginning to doubt my own memory . I am guessing they are really referring to Class 6A only .

Starter

All it takes is a 6A to run off 4 or 5 in a row and you'll have a 7A quicker than you can say Jack Robinson.
    24 down ... 24 to go.

All-American

Shoot, I also forgot Bremond. The Tigers 3-peated from 2014-16.

AND

Roshauud Paul joins Herrin and Murray on the list of Texas HS QBs to lead their teams to three straight titles.
    Texas Forever.

I think Sealy was the first eleven man team to win four in a row and is the only team to do so when there was only one champion in each classification. Previously Abilene had won three in a row back in the 1950's.

All-District

1993 La Marque played in 6 straight title games having won 3 consecutive from 95-97.