Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

A little different... nice game highlights. A few ads to put up with.

https://t.co/59H9SFRSMD
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

It was mentioned that this could be the first time a Wimberley team has gone undefeated in the regular season since 2011, our last state title year.

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Why did the QB leave for China Spring? Sounds like the sophomore is doing good. Having a sophomore QB isn't always a bad thing, especially if they've got talent around them - look at Stephenville this year, their sophomore got 6 weeks worth of starts and experience filling in for the QB1.

Basically a certain coaching position for the father that just wasn't here. At least in the timing of it. I don't get into all the whys or wherefores of it all but China Spring just happened to accommodate. It has definitely worked out well thus far for both. Our soph. QB Cody Stoever can run the ball with some authority and we are taking advantage of that skill. He is maturing rather quickly and it is fun to watch.

Wimberley (8-0) will be visiting the Lago Vista Vikings (6-2) (2-1) this Friday (Senior Night) with the outright R-4 District 13 title on the line. What stands out to me was their loss to Navarro 42-21, a common opponent. The other loss was game 1 of the season to a very good (6-2) Cameron Yoe team 71-35. They tend to pass a lot so we'll surely get some much needed work for the secondary.

With that said, if anyone could recommend a few good places to eat in or around the town, I am all ears. Looking at Baker's Brisket Company. Know very little about the area.

All-District
    Blog Entries

I like Rudy's BBQ - there's one on RR 620
    Also Opie's BBQ at Spicewood
    Last edited by stardog; 10-26-2022 at 10:59 PM.

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    Basically a certain coaching position for the father that just wasn't here. At least in the timing of it. I don't get into all the whys or wherefores of it all but China Spring just happened to accommodate. It has definitely worked out well thus far for both. Our soph. QB Cody Stoever can run the ball with some authority and we are taking advantage of that skill. He is maturing rather quickly and it is fun to watch.
    His brother was a good one in 2017 too.

All-District
    Blog Entries

Wimberley (8-0) will be visiting the Lago Vista Vikings (6-2) (2-1) this Friday (Senior Night) with the outright R-4 District 13 title on the line. What stands out to me was their loss to Navarro 42-21, a common opponent. The other loss was game 1 of the season to a very good (6-2) Cameron Yoe team 71-35. They tend to pass a lot so we'll surely get some much needed work for the secondary.

With that said, if anyone could recommend a few good places to eat in or around the town, I am all ears. Looking at Baker's Brisket Company. Know very little about the area.
    Wimbo needs to cleanup their mistakes/penalties.

Texans JV and Freshman both finished the season undefeated. If the Varsity can pull off this same feat it will be the first time in school history for all three in the same season.

All-American

I assume Wimberley has the district title locked up?

They do now.

All-American

They do now.
    That's what I figured. Last update I saw of the Wimbo vs. Lago Vista game it was 24-21 so I wanted to be sure.

It would be cool to finally see a possible Port Isabel vs. Wimberley matchup in the 2nd round. I don't believe Wimberley and Port Isabel have ever faced each other before?

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySixes View Post
    His brother was a good one in 2017 too.
    Yes he was. The type of receiver we could always use aka Blakemore.

Quote Originally Posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas View Post
    That's what I figured. Last update I saw of the Wimbo vs. Lago Vista game it was 24-21 so I wanted to be sure.

It would be cool to finally see a possible Port Isabel vs. Wimberley matchup in the 2nd round. I don't believe Wimberley and Port Isabel have ever faced each other before?

I believe you are right. I was thinking about where this game would be played if this did happen. Maybe Beeville like the Navarro game last year or Victoria. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. lol