Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Wimberley (5-0) takes care of Lampasas this past Friday with a hard fought 38-28 win. Game was not as close as the scored might indicate. I will mention that the defense continues to be the backbone of this team. Texans put up close to 500 yards of offense while holding the Badgers to just over 200. They were also doubled in plays ran by a 61-32 margin. One score for Lampasas, with less than a minute to go in the half, was an ill advised Wimberley pass back across the field that was picked off for an easy TD return. Young gun mistake by our sophomore QB. He would come out the 2nd half with a vengeance and ended up with 174 yards passing while rushing for 171 yards and played his hand in all 5 of the Texan touchdowns. Up next is our bye week and then the Jarrell Cougars will be coming into town Oct. 7th. It is homecoming and our district opener. Go Texans!
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

Just a note: Wimberley Texans reward for the win to go 5-0 was to drop 2 notches in Dave Campbell's top 10 rankings. Gotta love it.

I know they play this game every season with the same results but the Texans looked great last Friday against long time rival "Idle". So much that they moved up a spot in Dave Campbell's top ten. Congrats boys!

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    I know they play this game every season with the same results but the Texans looked great last Friday against long time rival "Idle". So much that they moved up a spot in Dave Campbell's top ten. Congrats boys!
    Idle points deserved, tough but injury free week. Texans looking good in 2022

Could be a trap game tonight. Getting a few of the 9 or so injured starters back for this one. Go Texans!

Texans found their groove on offense with a 73-14 win over Jarrell. 49-7 at the half.

I will add...over 600 yds of offense.
    Last edited by Tejastrue; 10-08-2022 at 08:45 PM.

Wimberley (6-0) will be at Manor New Tech (4-2) on Friday (7:30). These two teams have matched up the last two years with the outcome completely one sided. 70-8 and 88-0. One might think the Titans to be vastly improved this year as their record might indicate with a signature win over Navarro...wait, Austin Navarro. Look for playing time for all in this one. Go Texans!

Texans take it 63-0 with a running clock for the entire 2nd half. As expected there was plenty of playing time for all. Up next, some real district competition with the Navarro Panthers making the visit to Wimberley. Not sure what to expect from the Panthers as they are uncharacteristically at (4-3).

Forgot to mention our JV played Thursday night against Lake Travis. I'm not sure which team they brought to Wimberley. They have two. Does not matter. It was a barn burner with the Texans taking it 35-33. JV now 7-0. Freshmen did not play. Manor New Tech could not field a team. Freshmen team is also undefeated thus far.

Good to see this young man succeeding. No surprise here. With that said, we have good one of our own. Our back-up is right there as well. Not a bad situation to have.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1201962...622b046424e182

All-American

Watched the Wimberley - Navarro game last night. Much closer game than I anticipated. Navarro has gotten alot better compared to earlier in the year. Fun game to watch as an outsider.

It was indeed a fun game to watch. 21-14 Texan win. Navarro was Navarro. Most always a competitive game no matter the ranking or the record. First serious game for our sophomore QB. For myself, because of our defense, the outcome was never in doubt. I will say, I was glad to see Navarro make this game highly competitive. It was exactly what this Texan team needed in a district game. Once again, it was our defense that was the difference when it was all said and done.

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    It was indeed a fun game to watch. 21-14 Texan win. Navarro was Navarro. Most always a competitive game no matter the ranking or the record. First serious game for our sophomore QB. For myself, because of our defense, the outcome was never in doubt. I will say, I was glad to see Navarro make this game highly competitive. It was exactly what this Texan team needed in a district game. Once again, it was our defense that was the difference when it was all said and done.
    Yea, Code Red had to really dig deep to force that fumble on the handoff late in the game.. they were actually able to get the ball loose using telekinesis. Was amazing...

lol...we had a few things that did not go our way.