Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Wimberley Texans Football 2022

Starting a little early this year because there has been a little shake up to the Texans roster. Disappointing to say the least. I do know we have some very good options chomping at the bit to get their shot.

Thanks OG

From twitter:

Cash McCollum

@Cash_McCollum

My dad recently accepted a football coaching job at China Spring High School so I will now be playing football at China Spring this season. Go Cougars! @CS_Fball
    #txhsfb
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    Starting a little early this year because there has been a little shake up to the Texans roster. Disappointing to say the least. I do know we have some very good options chomping at the bit to get their shot.

Thanks OG

From twitter:

Cash McCollum

@Cash_McCollum

My dad recently accepted a football coaching job at China Spring High School so I will now be playing football at China Spring this season. Go Cougars! @CS_Fball
    #txhsfb
    He was one of my favorite players to watch in person. Hate to see him leave, but he will do good at CS.
    "GO MEAN GREEN"
    When we're bad, we're good. When we're good, we're BAD !
    767-380-38

All-American

big addition for China Spring considering QB was a major question mark

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    big addition for China Spring considering QB was a major question mark
    No doubt. That's a big answer to a big question. Cougars will challenge for that district AND for Region II now, in my opinion.

Region II is absolutely loaded.
    Texas Forever.

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    No doubt. That's a big answer to a big question. Cougars will challenge for that district AND for Region II now, in my opinion.

Region II is absolutely loaded.
    *Region II is absolutely loaded again.

Fixed it for you!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    *Region II is absolutely loaded again.

Fixed it for you!

Stephenville
    China Spring
    La Vega
    Celina
    Kennedale

And then some dark horses that could cause some headaches come postseason: Kaufman, Anna, Paris. And don't take your eyes off Frisco Panther Creek. New school in FISD, and they'll almost certainly have 5A Div. I (or close) numbers by the time the season starts. There will be some really good teams go home by round two.
    Texas Forever.

Keep an eye out for the RB at La Vega. Came in last year once game was out of reach and put on a show as a freshman. Gonna be a stud.
    Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    Stephenville
    China Spring
    La Vega
    Celina
    Kennedale

And then some dark horses that could cause some headaches come postseason: Kaufman, Anna, Paris. And don't take your eyes off Frisco Panther Creek. New school in FISD, and they'll almost certainly have 5A Div. I (or close) numbers by the time the season starts. There will be some really good teams go home by round two.

All-American

Anna and Paris are very similar, tricky darkhorse type teams that are fully capable of beating elite teams when they are on their game...that Paris-Stephenville playoff game was a perfect example..Paris was right in that thing until late....

All-American

Anna and Paris are very similar, tricky darkhorse type teams that are fully capable of beating elite teams when they are on their game...that Paris-Stephenville playoff game was a perfect example..Paris was right in that thing until late....

Paris is almost always a darkhorse. Always have the athletes. Just a matter of putting it together.

Anna feels like the next Melissa to me. Loaded with talent. Can they make the talent translate on the field? Time will tell. I'm really looking forward to that Celina vs Anna matchup in mid-September.
    Texas Forever.

Worst game of the year. I told someone from Argyle we should have District champ t-shirts for our district and theirs and they didn't think it was very funny hehe.

Cash is from a football family which includes his dad and his older brother Cooper. Makes me wonder if the elder was looking for a position here that didn't pan out. All hearsay though. I'm seriously going to miss this kid after watching him develop thus far. Was so looking forward to this season to see his progression as a jr. Best of luck Cash!

https://twitter.com/Coach_J_Gregory/status/1544346580459077633/photo/1

Cash is from a football family which includes his dad and his older brother Cooper. Makes me wonder if the elder was looking for a position here that didn't pan out. All hearsay though. I'm seriously going to miss this kid after watching him develop thus far. Was so looking forward to this season to see his progression as a jr. Best of luck Cash!

https://twitter.com/Coach_J_Gregory/status/1544346580459077633/photo/1
    What's the difference in this kid moving because his dad took a job vs the kid from Sherman who was told he wouldn't be able to play where his dad took a job? It was to Gunter maybe?

How did you get that from what I posted?

i was just thinking out loud - i had just read something about the sherman qb and was surprised he wasn't able to follow his dad - thought that was usually rubber stamped by districts

All-American

I don't think he did. I think he's just asking the question. That conversation is happening over on the other board.
    Texas Forever.