Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    All-American

Default Sinton Pirate Baseball

Last weeks Tournament in Sinton was pretty much a washout. Pirates did get one game in. A 3-1 win over Taylor.
    Today at the Calallen tourney Sinton beat Flour Bluff 6-2 in the morning game and just finished a 6-1 win over
    Mission Sharyland. Aiden Moody was the winning pitcher game 1 and Jaquae Stewart was the winning pitcher in game 2.
    Tomorrow they play Pharr-San Juan-Alamo in 1st game and then Calallen in the late game.

All-American

Today Sinton played Pharr-San Juan-Alamo in The 1st game and won 11-1 I think. Can't remember PSJA scored or not.
    2nd game was against Calallen and Sinton won that game 11-3. Don't believe Calallen played some of their starters in this game.

All-American

Pirates finished the Calallen tourney 4-1, losing to Tuloso Midway 15-7. Didn't get to see this game so not sure who pitched this game or played. I would assume Coach Alaniz played all his backups in this game judging by the score.

Quote Originally Posted by sinfan75 View Post
    Pirates finished the Calallen tourney 4-1, losing to Tuloso Midway 15-7. Didn't get to see this game so not sure who pitched this game or played. I would assume Coach Alaniz played all his backups in this game judging by the score.
    As is often the case in HS Baseball tournaments, By Saturday afternoon teams are down to their #5 or #6 pitchers so I wouldn't put a lot of stock in that score. Yes, T-M is ranked and has a good team. But with both teams fresh and #1 pitchers going I would give Sinton a solid edge

"If I have one, I'll have 13"---Blake Shelton

All-American

Sinton played West Oso tonight and won 15-0 in 5 innings.
    Jaquae Stewart and Rylan Galvan each belted a homerun.
    2 new pitchers, Aiden Lozano and a freshman (didn't catch his name) I believe pitched a no-hitter.

Pirates will have their hands full this weekend as they will be in the Dripping Springs tourney playing all 6A schools including #6 ranked Snithson Valley

Quote Originally Posted by Bull Butter View Post
    As is often the case in HS Baseball tournaments, By Saturday afternoon teams are down to their #5 or #6 pitchers so I wouldn't put a lot of stock in that score. Yes, T-M is ranked and has a good team. But with both teams fresh and #1 pitchers going I would give Sinton a solid edge
    Sinton had their #1 starter starting and he struck out the side in the bottom of 1st, Sinton scored 3 runs in 2nd and Sinton coach brought in Freshman pitcher Derek Garcia in bottom of 2nd and he had a rough outing against a good hitting TM line up. Sophomore Aidan Lozano relieved him and he have up 5 runs. Those two combined for a no-hitter against West Oso with 14 strike outs in 5 innings game.
    Sinton leaves their ace in that TM game Sinton most likely would've had a shut out win. But giving those two young pitcher some innings against a good line up helps for future.

Sinton played West Oso tonight and won 15-0 in 5 innings.
    Jaquae Stewart and Rylan Galvan each belted a homerun.
    2 new pitchers, Aiden Lozano and a freshman (didn't catch his name) I believe pitched a no-hitter.

Pirates will have their hands full this weekend as they will be in the Dripping Springs tourney playing all 6A schools including #6 ranked Snithson Valley
    Fr Derek Garcia

You have schedule for Dripping Springs Tournament?

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post
    Fr Derek Garcia

You have schedule for Dripping Springs Tournament?
    Haven't found it yet. They're playing Round Rock Stony Point this evening.

All-American

Playing Smithson Valley Saturday at 11AM.

Playing Smithson Valley Saturday at 11AM.
    I get back to Texas Friday night so I should make it to Saturday game.
    I did see they play Austin Bowie Friday 9:00 am

All-American

Sinton beat Stony Point 5-1. Jaquae Stewart got off to a shaky start allowing a couple walks and a hit that scored a run in the 1st, but he didn't allow another hit throwing 9 strikeouts.

All-American

Sinton beat #6 ranked Smithson Valley 4-0.
    They play Hays next in just a few minutes.

All-American

Not sure if this game was called after 6 innings or not but Sinton was up 7-1.
    Haven't gotten any updates in the last 20 minutes so thinking they called the game due to time .

All-American

Sinton played Beeville tonight in a district game and won 11-0 in 6 innings. Aiden Moody was the winning pitcher.
    Friday night the Pirates will take on Ingleside at South Texas favorite ballpark Whataburger Field. 10-1, 2-0 in district.

All-American

Jaquae Stewart and Blake Mitchell combined for a 15 strikeout no-hitter to beat Ingleside 7-0.
    Jaquae was the winning pitcher striking out 10 . Sinton moves to 11-1 overall and 3-0 in district.