View Poll Results: Who wins

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Celina

3 37.50%
  • Gilmer

5 62.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Here we go again... Celina and Gilmer.

Who ya got? Final score prediction if ya want and why would be good.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat1 View Post
    Good to see you on here, bobcat! Hope little Hudson is still thriving!

As for this game, it has the makings to be a good one. As always, Gilmer has a light-em-up offense that puts up gobs and gobs of points, EXCEPT, when they've run into good defenses -- once against Carthage and once against a young but talented Pittsburg team. Carthage had the best overall defense the Buckeyes will face, but Celina is not too far off. Bobcats have a better defensive line and a LB corps that is maybe just a tick below the Dawgs. Carthage has a better secondary, but Celina's secondary is no slouch. Bobcats have some boys who can run and cover ground and have tackled well in space all season. We completely suffocated an Aubrey team (which had loads of speed too) that had been putting up gaudy numbers too. I know it's a completely different scheme and different matchups, but the defense looked well prepared and fired up in that game. We'll need it to carry over to this one on Friday.

As far as I can see, Celina will need to dominate the line of scrimmage and get pressure on Tennison, without getting too far up field to let him escape. That young man's ability to escape and evade pressure is phenomenal. But he'll get his biggest test since Carthage on Friday. If he has time, he will pick us apart, just because Gilmer's receivers are that good. Our LBs have been really good at sniffing out screens this season, and they'll have to be up to task yet again. They'll get a bevy of slip screens and bubbles and jailbreaks, and deep crossing patterns, and deep outs and stops, etc. Also have to account for jets and reverses, etc. Buckeyes will empty the playbook in this one.

Offensively, Celina should have an advantage in the trenches. Bobcats need to come out and establish a dominant ground game. Use those big heavies to impose their will up front, open some lanes for Gayton and Peterson to have another big game. If we can run on the Buckeyes, we'll have success on the scoreboard. Gilmer had problems stopping PG until they got into the red zone. But that's where the Hawks' inability to be diverse became a factor. If Celina can put up 250-300 yards on the ground, it's going to force the Buckeyes to load the box, which should open up some quick-hitters in the passing game to Nickel, Urich and Hagenbrock.

If we can hold Gilmer to under 35 points, we've got a real shot, and, offensively, I think that's the target. If we can put up 35 points, we should be in good shape. I expect it to be an absolute battle, just like in 2015, and I'm hoping Celina pulls out the 1-point win.
    Texas Forever.

Starter

This is literally the closest to a home game Celina will get in the playoffs. The north edge of the Prosper stadium grounds touches Celina city limits. But it took a transcendental CHS team to beat Gilmer in 2015 (great QB, great WR corps, a fantastic MLB). Jury is out.
    24 down ... 24 to go.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat1 View Post
    I knew someone couldn't stand it!!! Lol Round 5 and from what dotcom says it will be the last.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

All-American

I dont understand why we can't ever get you guys to Tyler
    the best kind???

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    Good to see you on here, bobcat! Hope little Hudson is still thriving!

As for this game, it has the makings to be a good one. As always, Gilmer has a light-em-up offense that puts up gobs and gobs of points, EXCEPT, when they've run into good defenses -- once against Carthage and once against a young but talented Pittsburg team. Carthage had the best overall defense the Buckeyes will face, but Celina is not too far off. Bobcats have a better defensive line and a LB corps that is maybe just a tick below the Dawgs. Carthage has a better secondary, but Celina's secondary is no slouch. Bobcats have some boys who can run and cover ground and have tackled well in space all season. We completely suffocated an Aubrey team (which had loads of speed too) that had been putting up gaudy numbers too. I know it's a completely different scheme and different matchups, but the defense looked well prepared and fired up in that game. We'll need it to carry over to this one on Friday.

As far as I can see, Celina will need to dominate the line of scrimmage and get pressure on Tennison, without getting too far up field to let him escape. That young man's ability to escape and evade pressure is phenomenal. But he'll get his biggest test since Carthage on Friday. If he has time, he will pick us apart, just because Gilmer's receivers are that good. Our LBs have been really good at sniffing out screens this season, and they'll have to be up to task yet again. They'll get a bevy of slip screens and bubbles and jailbreaks, and deep crossing patterns, and deep outs and stops, etc. Also have to account for jets and reverses, etc. Buckeyes will empty the playbook in this one.

Offensively, Celina should have an advantage in the trenches. Bobcats need to come out and establish a dominant ground game. Use those big heavies to impose their will up front, open some lanes for Gayton and Peterson to have another big game. If we can run on the Buckeyes, we'll have success on the scoreboard. Gilmer had problems stopping PG until they got into the red zone. But that's where the Hawks' inability to be diverse became a factor. If Celina can put up 250-300 yards on the ground, it's going to force the Buckeyes to load the box, which should open up some quick-hitters in the passing game to Nickel, Urich and Hagenbrock.

If we can hold Gilmer to under 35 points, we've got a real shot, and, offensively, I think that's the target. If we can put up 35 points, we should be in good shape. I expect it to be an absolute battle, just like in 2015, and I'm hoping Celina pulls out the 1-point win.
    Against PG we did not have our big nose tackle Daniel Bouda. Thats where they made us pay was right up the middle. Bouda is back so that should help us out. Its gonna be a fun game between 2 programs that I firmly believe had a lot of admiration for each other. Hell we've traded coaches a couple aof times. Great semifinal for a shot at the big trophy.
    the best kind???

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    Against PG we did not have our big nose tackle Daniel Bouda. Thats where they made us pay was right up the middle. Bouda is back so that should help us out. Its gonna be a fun game between 2 programs that I firmly believe had a lot of admiration for each other. Hell we've traded coaches a couple aof times. Great semifinal for a shot at the big trophy.
    He certainly will help. He's going up against a Div. I center in Michael Reemts. That will be a matchup to watch, even though we don't run up the gut too much these days.

And I agree. I know Celina has a ton of respect for Gilmer, and from sensible folks like Aussie, and a few others, I get the sense it's mutual. Lol if you get on the Football Friday app, it'll create a pretty visceral reaction. Lots of trash talking from some knuckleheads on both sides, although, I think most of the trash talking is coming from non-Celina and washed up Gilmer fans lol.

I'm just hoping for a great game! Proud of these Bobcats no matter what happens, but I'm confident in the team we have this year and the way they've been playing. Just that time of year where a top-tier team has to go home at the end of the week. Only one team in 4A Div. II gets to end the season on a win, and at best, there are 8 quarters of football left.

Hope everyone plays clean and stays healthy. And y'all Gilmer fans be safe driving over to Prosper! Sorry you've got to come so far, but at least you're coming to a really, really nice facility.
    Texas Forever.

All-American

We are 1-0 in semifinals in Prosper. That is where we played Graham last year. And it is definitely a beautiful facility.
    the best kind???

All-American

We are 1-0 in semifinals in Prosper. That is where we played Graham last year. And it is definitely a beautiful facility.
    Well, there ya go! It really is a fantastic stadium. Hope it's a packed house on Friday night! Celina fans won't have any excuse for not being there lol.
    Texas Forever.

No I did it to get you to comment. That is my anniversary night, So I doubt I make it. Sure would like to. There is a lot of respect between both schools. I hope there is good officials that let the young men decide the game on the field. It will be another classic! I pray for an injury free ball game on both sides. Should be a slobber knocker. Good Luck

This should be an awesome game. So looking forward to it.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    This should be an awesome game. So looking forward to it.

I sure do hope so! Looking forward to it as well. These two teams have known this matchup was coming since the end of the 2020 season. Honest to God, it was a fluke Graham hail mary away from happening last year.
    Texas Forever.

I have said it all year on FFR... Celina has the goods to win out. They win this one. That wont change the fact that it's gonna be a good one..

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Go Steers!

All-American

Halftime
    Gilmer 14
    Celina 0
    the best kind???

Halftime
    Gilmer 14