Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All-American

Pirates have done fairly well against the slot-t this year but they haven’t gone against a team that runs it as good as Navarro. Should be a pretty good game. If Sinton plays defense like
    They’re capable of and offense continues to roll they’ll be fine

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by sinfan75 View Post
    Pirates have done fairly well against the slot-t this year but they haven’t gone against a team that runs it as good as Navarro. Should be a pretty good game. If Sinton plays defense like
    They’re capable of and offense continues to roll they’ll be fine
    The Slot-T you saw from Port Isabel was maybe a Freshman team equivalent of it. Navarro's Slot-T is vastly superior. I wouldn't underestimate them.

Quote Originally Posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas View Post
    The Slot-T you saw from Port Isabel was maybe a Freshman team equivalent of it. Navarro's Slot-T is vastly superior. I wouldn't underestimate them.
    Good portion of D from couple of years ago did good job against that slot t especially in 2nd half. Both battle tested.

All-American

Is Rockport still running the Slot-T or did they scrap it with Seibert's kiddo at QB?

All-American

Not all the time. Lots of 2 back sets with the QB in the shot gun.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas View Post
    LOL Notice I put the IF in my post.
    I don’t underestimate!!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    Is Rockport still running the Slot-T or did they scrap it with Seibert's kiddo at QB?
    Saw a little bit of spread with Rockport. But they also run what looks like a Slot-T out of the pistol. To a Slot-T guy like myself, a lot of the running plays they run look familiar.

All-American

Good luck tonight Sinton Pirates!

Sinton D another shut out in 1st half

2nd half D needs to step up to 1st half D!

All-District

A tale of two halves. Navarro down 14 -0 at half and had just 2 first downs and 50 total yards. Adjustments were made and Navarro and the slot T started pounding the ball. Tied up at 21 with just over a minute left. Sinton takes a 28-21 lead in OT Navarro scores a TD and 2 point conversion. 29-28n Navarro! Great Game Sinton!

Navarro now has 10 consecutive 10 win seasons and have advanced 4 rounds deep now for 4 consecutive years during Rod Blount's tenure!

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    Wow, practically in Navarro's backyard. Can you say Home game???
    It was a nice little drive for sure. Pretty sure lots of Sinton people drove by the HS.
    That happened to Navarro in the Havron era. Played Brookshire in the playoffs in Katy!

Not many offensive opportunities as both offenses milk the clock on the ground. Peanut play believe work like 3 out of 4 times to get Navarro a first down on 3rd and long. Seen that play work a lot in other games. Game came down to 1 play in regular time with Navarro in a 4th and 10 and QB able to get rid of the ball and battle for the ball by DB and TE? in the air and Navarro player coming down with the catch. Great game and i really didn't think it would come down to OT but shows great adjustment by Navarro staff and never give up by Navarro players as Sinton just didn't lay down they kept battling also to regain the lead.

Good luck next round and I remember seeing some of the Cuero/Navarro game from earlier in the year and Navarro did pretty much the same thing to Cuero coming back and beating them very late after it look like Cuero was in control for most of the game and giving Cuero its only loss this season.

Here's little bit of highlights i put up on twitter, i tried to not be a homer in the video. https://twitter.com/3aSTXFan/status/...142176257?s=20

All-District

Thanks for the highlights. It really was a shame one team had to bow out. I am sure there will be other chances in the future.