Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-American

Default Port Isabel @ Ingleside (10/22)

Unless something crazy happens, this game most likely determines 3rd & 4th seed out of 16-4A DII

DCTF line has Ingleside by 12

Has PI and Ingleside played before?

I'll most likely be home this Friday so going to see games that are streamed this will be on one of the displays if it's cover by Riosports.

Only team that may throw a wrench in there could be West Oso. They lost to Ingleside already but have Rockport, at PI and Raymondville so possible to drop all 3 games or win a couple but this is most likely for 3 spot between PI and Ingleside. Look for 30 to 40 something score with someone scoring at the end to win it.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post

I'll most likely be home this Friday so going to see games that are streamed this will be on one of the displays if it's cover by Riosports.

Only team that may throw a wrench in there could be West Oso. They lost to Ingleside already but have Rockport, at PI and Raymondville so possible to drop all 3 games or win a couple but this is most likely for 3 spot between PI and Ingleside. Look for 30 to 40 something score with someone scoring at the end to win it.
    PI and Ingleside have played each other twice, I believe. First in 1995, which was won by Ingleside 21-15. Second in 2004 and PI won that game 35-25 if my memory serves me correctly.

At the moment, I give the edge to Ingleside. The Port Isabel D really needs to get it's act together. They had several late hit penalties against them in the game last week vs. Rio Hondo that kept the Bobcats in the game. Thankfully, the Tarpons were able to move the ball on the Bobcats and some time consuming drives and crucial 1st downs helped clinch that game against Rio Hondo. If the Tarpons are able to move the ball against Ingleside, and the Tarpon defense can get itself together in the discipline department, then it'll be a very good game.

The ONE knock against the Tarpons is the fact that they are VERY young on the offensive and defensive lines. Only 1 Senior, 3 Sophs and a Junior on the OL, and on the DL, 1 Senior, 2 Juniors, and a Freshman. While Port Isabel may have the speed advantage with Gilbert Medina, et. al. that speed is irrelevant if the offensive line doesn't play well.

All-American

I already confirmed that Rio Sports Live won't be covering the game via Kevin Narro on Twitter.

Also, Port Isabel has Ingleside, West Oso, and Rockport remaining on their schedule. Should we start building up some playoff scenarios? I believe it's safe to assume Robstown, Raymondville, and Rio Hondo are all out of the picture. It's reasonably safe to assume Sinton wins the district, with Rockport as 2nd seed unless something crazy happens with them vs. West Oso and/or Port Isabel. That leaves Ingleside, Port Isabel, and West Oso as the remaining contenders.

All-American

District 16-4A DII Playoff Scenarios.

Current Standings
    Sinton - 4-0
    Rockport - 3-1
    Ingleside - 3-1
    Port Isabel - 3-1
    West Oso - 2-2
    Raymondville - 1-3
    Rio Hondo - 0-4
    Robstown - 0-4

Robstown and Rio Hondo are eliminated from playoff contention.

Sinton is favored to win out and win #1 seed
    Rockport is favored to win out and win #2 seed

Raymondville has to win out vs. Rio Hondo, Ingleside, and West Oso + get some help from others to possibly sniff the #4 seed.

Ingleside, Port Isabel, and West Oso are a potential cluster ____ if things go really crazy in the next few weeks. Ingleside atm has the inside track for #3 seed. If they beat Port Isabel this Friday, then the Port Isabel & West Oso game becomes huge for both teams. But if Ingleside loses to Port Isabel and gets upset by Raymondville, then things get really interesting.

Ingleside is going to have to start playing 2 halfs of football. The third quarter has been a total disaster and the fourth quarter hasn't been anything to write home about.

All-American

I watched the PI vs Sinton game and parts of the Ingleside vs RF game. Both teams looked bad, but I think it goes to show how much better Sinton and RF are compared to the rest of the district. I will take Ingleside by 1 point.

Quote Originally Posted by 99IHSMustang View Post
    I watched the PI vs Sinton game and parts of the Ingleside vs RF game. Both teams looked bad, but I think it goes to show how much better Sinton and RF are compared to the rest of the district. I will take Ingleside by 1 point.
    RF and Sinton play on a totally different level than the rest of the district. I think this game will be decided by the defenses.

All-American

I think Ingleside beats PI in this game. That 3+ hour drive they have to make up here to play is brutal even if they are riding in charter buses. Mustangs by 21.

Quote Originally Posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas View Post
    District 16-4A DII Playoff Scenarios.

Current Standings
    Sinton - 4-0
    Rockport - 3-1
    Ingleside - 3-1
    Port Isabel - 3-1
    West Oso - 2-2
    Raymondville - 1-3
    Rio Hondo - 0-4
    Robstown - 0-4

Robstown and Rio Hondo are eliminated from playoff contention.

Sinton is favored to win out and win #1 seed
    Rockport is favored to win out and win #2 seed

Raymondville has to win out vs. Rio Hondo, Ingleside, and West Oso + get some help from others to possibly sniff the #4 seed.

Ingleside, Port Isabel, and West Oso are a potential cluster ____ if things go really crazy in the next few weeks. Ingleside atm has the inside track for #3 seed. If they beat Port Isabel this Friday, then the Port Isabel & West Oso game becomes huge for both teams. But if Ingleside loses to Port Isabel and gets upset by Raymondville, then things get really interesting.

Looks good and most likely how it'll play out.

I had a dream Monday and woke up from that nightmare where Sinton was losing to Robstown 55 to 27!! Few seconds before i realize it didn't happen lol.

anyone know someone that might do some of it live on facebook for this game

Looks good and most likely how it'll play out.

I had a dream Monday and woke up from that nightmare where Sinton was losing to Robstown 55 to 27!! Few seconds before i realize it didn't happen lol.
    Better hope it was a nightmare and not a premonition.

All-American

anyone know someone that might do some of it live on facebook for this game
    One of the PI parents is usually live streaming on Facebook every week though her camera work is rather suspect. Still, it’s better than a kick in the balls.

Ingleside & PI have had 3 common opponents so far this season. Aransas Pass, Rio Hondo, Robstown

PI/AP 41-7
    PI/RH 27-24
    PI/ROBSTOWN 55-40
    Totals PF/PA 123/71

ING/AP 68-6
    ING/RH 34-21
    ING/ROBSTOWN 44-8

Totals PF/PA 146/35

All-American

Port Isabel Freshman team

La Villa (combo Freshman & Junior Varsity) - 6
    Port Isabel Freshman team - 28

FINAL

I finally got to see a little bit of the PI Freshmen on film and let me tell you, this group has some size! They will be a force in a couple of years.