All-District

Default Is Arkie really the worst team in the SEC-West?

Seems like some folks have been saying Arkie is the worst team in the SEC-West. They are basing that on last year's performance and not this year's reality. Looks like maybe some folks may have to reconsider that legacy.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Gontex View Post
    Seems like some folks have been saying Arkie is the worst team in the SEC-West. They are basing that on last year's performance and not this year's reality. Looks like maybe some folks may have to reconsider that legacy.
    I don't believe we are the worst in the West, but the west is stacked.

I'm celebrating these wins over Texas and A&M, while being cautiously optimistic about the rest of the schedule. I don't think we're the No. 8 team in the country, but it's nice to have the Hogs back in the national conversation again. I think our defense is good enough to keep us in most games, but some of what we've been successful at doing, I don't think we're going to get to do against some of the teams coming up. So I'll be watching anxiously to see what adjustments Barry Odom makes this weekend against Georgia. I think Odom is one of the truly great/brilliant defensive minds in college football, and he has some good pieces to work with right now.

Offensively, though, I'd like to see the Hogs find a bit more efficiency and ability to not shoot themselves in the foot in critical situations. We really need another legit, take-to-top-off-the-defense receiving threat. Points are going to be insanely hard to come by against Georgia. But I'm excited to see what Kendal Briles dials up this weekend.

Woo Pig Sooie!
    Texas Forever.