Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    All-American

Quote Originally Posted by stardog View Post
    Gilmer enrollment from TEA for 20-21 school year (8-11 grades) was 771.
    Yeah, the explosion in enrollment growth began last year when the new high school opened.

Two years ago, enrollment was 705.
    https://schools.texastribune.org/dis...r-high-school/

All-District
    Blog Entries

Posted on Scoop's Corner Forum -
    4A-2 realignment info. Will know for sure at end of October.

All-American

If snap shot day is Oct.29- how are yall coming up with the attendance numbers already?

All-District
    Blog Entries

Texas Education Agency has enrollment numbers for the last school year 2020-2021. I took enrollment numbers for 8, 9, 10, and 11th grades for each school from last school year to get these ' ESTIMATED ' numbers. Nearly all #'s are larger than last realignment #'s because last year's 8th grades (this year's Freshman) were larger than last year's out going Senior class.

Some will be less, some will be more depending on growth in a school district from people moving in or out. Of course don't know what effect this covid has had on enrollment.

Starter

Celina has its TEA numbers from last spring, but the district gained 500 total students just over the summer and could gain 200 more before the snapshot, according to the superintendent. I expect Celina to report right at 1,000 this winter and by the next realignment they will be a whisker away from 5A.

(Not much will change for them because they'll join Anna, Melissa, Princeton, Lovejoy and maybe Argyle in 5A. They might get that long-awaited game against Denison before they drop to 4A, though.)
    24 down ... 24 to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirling Time View Post
    Celina has its TEA numbers from last spring, but the district gained 500 total students just over the summer and could gain 200 more before the snapshot, according to the superintendent. I expect Celina to report right at 1,000 this winter and by the next realignment they will be a whisker away from 5A.

(Not much will change for them because they'll join Anna, Melissa, Princeton, Lovejoy and maybe Argyle in 5A. They might get that long-awaited game against Denison before they drop to 4A, though.)
    I have heard that Celina could have 3000 by 2030.

Quote Originally Posted by SHSBulldog00 View Post
    I have heard that Celina could have 3000 by 2030.
    Did i read or see that right about 3 high schools by then of 3000 students think it was a few days ago don't recall where i saw that at.

All-District

They sure are building houses all over that fertile farmland up there. The new community college is going up down the street from where my niece lives. Her oldest daughter may start college there next year.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post
    Did i read or see that right about 3 high schools by then of 3000 students think it was a few days ago don't recall where i saw that at.
    It's coming. I absolutely hate it, but it's coming and it's unavoidable. It happened to Frisco. Then Prosper. Celina is next. Gunter will follow. Everything is being swallowed up by the DFW Mega monster.
    Texas Forever.

Starter

Celina has publicly said they want to follow the McKinney ISD model. They don't have as many old people as McKinney has, though, so keeping a 5A school among 3 schools for almost 20 years will be harder.

If they follow the Prosper ISD growth timeline, they very well may be at 3,000 by 2030. I've heard they've already identified the site of HS #2 but haven't pinpointed it yet.
    24 down ... 24 to go.

All-District
    Blog Entries

4A-1 and 4A-2 on Scoops Corner forum.

All-District
    Blog Entries

UIL has posted the newest policies for realignment on their webpage.
    Schools can opt up but must declare when submitting enrollment #'s, not after.

All-American

UIL has posted the newest policies for realignment on their webpage.
    Schools can opt up but must declare when submitting enrollment #'s, not after.
    Interesting.

The only schools that I could see preemptively opting up are the Houston ISD schools. (Yates, Scarborough, Washington, etc.) The others across the state are usually in "wait & see" mode. But with the newer policies, they can't do that now.

All-District
    Blog Entries

CC Miller in previous realignments fell in 5A-2 classification but opt up to 5A-1 to to stay with other Corpus Christi schools. Last realignment CC Miller fell in 4A-1 classification and after seeing that Alice, Tuloso-Midway, CC Calallen, and PL Calhoun were going 4A-1 they decided to stay 4A-1 since this would make a local district. I think Miller will be a 5A-2 this time along with Alice and Calallen will be on the fence depending on the cutoff #'s the UIL comes up with.

All-American

CC Miller in previous realignments fell in 5A-2 classification but opt up to 5A-1 to to stay with other Corpus Christi schools. Last realignment CC Miller fell in 4A-1 classification and after seeing that Alice, Tuloso-Midway, CC Calallen, and PL Calhoun were going 4A-1 they decided to stay 4A-1 since this would make a local district. I think Miller will be a 5A-2 this time along with Alice and Calallen will be on the fence depending on the cutoff #'s the UIL comes up with.
    Makes you think that there might already be some communication happening between coaches regarding enrollment numbers. Would make sense, since they have to make the decision to opt up on Snapshot Day rather than doing the ol' "wait & see" until Realignment Day.