Default District 16 4a DII opener Ingleside at Rio Hondo

Rio Hondo is 6 point favorites in this game by DCTF.

playoff spot could be on the line from the start for these two.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post
    playoff spot could be on the line from the start for these two.
    Agreed, this game may very well determine a playoff spot.

For the moment, I'll give the edge to Ingleside in this one. As mentioned in another thread, Rio Hondo has 2 wins over cupcake level 5A squads. But as soon as they faced a team with a good defense, they pretty much got shut down. Mind you, the team they lost to was 6A Brownsville Rivera, but they're not projected to be a playoff team in 32-6A, and have had a pretty bad record the past two seasons. Also, Rio Hondo has difficulty stopping the run. If Ingleside keeps it on the ground, they should win. It'll be close though.

Prediction: 35-28 Ingleside over Rio Hondo

All-American

I was impressed on how Ingleside played in the Gonzales game. They seem to have a pretty decent defense, but still need more work on offense. Ingleside had over 200 yards passing this last game against Gonzales so that was also a surprise. If they can get the running game going and now have the passing game to go along with it, then give me Ingleside by 7 points.

All-American

Anyone know if their is an audio webcast that may cover this game in Rio Hondo?

Quote Originally Posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas View Post
    Agreed, this game may very well determine a playoff spot.

For the moment, I'll give the edge to Ingleside in this one. As mentioned in another thread, Rio Hondo has 2 wins over cupcake level 5A squads. But as soon as they faced a team with a good defense, they pretty much got shut down. Mind you, the team they lost to was 6A Brownsville Rivera, but they're not projected to be a playoff team in 32-6A, and have had a pretty bad record the past two seasons. Also, Rio Hondo has difficulty stopping the run. If Ingleside keeps it on the ground, they should win. It'll be close though.

Prediction: 35-28 Ingleside over Rio Hondo
    Ingleside has a pretty good stable of running backs. Soph quarterback slung the ball pretty good against Gonzales and the receivers had glue on their hands that night. They pretty much caught everything. Question is will the Mustang offensive line show up. They were horrible in the game against Mathis. They did a good job protecting the QB against Gonzales but still struggled a little with running game. Defense has looked good so far this year.

All-American

I was pretty close with this prediction!

Just as I thought, once again, Rio Hondo faces a team that can smack them in the mouth and they fall. Rio Hondo does have talent, and that alone gave them 21 tonight.

Actual Score: 34-21 Ingleside over Rio Hondo