Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Anyone know the streaming situation for this game? ....Asking for a friend....

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Go Steers!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by briandumith* View Post
    Anyone know the streaming situation for this game? ....Asking for a friend....

Argyle has the stream for tonight's game, since it's at home for the Eagles. You can find the livestream on YouTube, via The Talon News. Pregame should start around 7 p.m.
    Texas Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    Argyle has the stream for tonight's game, since it's at home for the Eagles. You can find the livestream on YouTube, via The Talon News. Pregame should start around 7 p.m.
    Thanks

Go Steers!

Starter

Ugly one. Eagles win 23-0. First Celina shutout since a 17-0 playoff loss to Lovejoy in 2010. Before that you had to go all the way back to 1996 and a 17-0 loss to Italy in the playoffs. (Note: Celina eventually avenged both losses in following seasons.)

Last regular-season shutout loss for Bobcats appears to be a 42-0 loss to Southlake Carroll on 10/2/1987. That rematch might be possible after 2030.
    24 down ... 24 to go.

Starter

Congratulations again to Argyle (seems like I say that now every year ) as they are the better team and until we can beat them on the field then I will not make any excuse . We had 5 interceptions I think and two fumbles , but those are due to an Argyle defense that puts pressure on you the second that ball moves which creates these types of turnovers . Argyle has a great all around athletic program and no doubt another football team that has a great chance to repeat as State Champs. Bobcats played hard and have nothing to hang your head down about as the Coaches will work on the mistakes made and get the team prepared for the next game.

Both D played lights out. The difference was the QB.. He was very very nervous. For good reason but he needs to calm himself. I was very impressed with Celina's D. The 1st half and for the most part the entire game they owned the Scrimmage line. Same could be said for the Argyle D but that was to be expected.. you can't take away the ints.. because the loosing team would call those miscues and the winning team would call those forced.. they were both right. But if you take those away the score would be 10-0 I think. But even with the ints.. It should have been WAY more then 23-0 I-E the PG game... I think Celina will be just fine.... and so will Argyle....

Go Steers!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by briandumith* View Post
    Both D played lights out. The difference was the QB.. He was very very nervous. For good reason but he needs to calm himself. I was very impressed with Celina's D. The 1st half and for the most part the entire game they owned the Scrimmage line. Same could be said for the Argyle D but that was to be expected.. you can't take away the ints.. because the loosing team would call those miscues and the winning team would call those forced.. they were both right. But if you take those away the score would be 10-0 I think. But even with the ints.. It should have been WAY more then 23-0 I-E the PG game... I think Celina will be just fine.... and so will Argyle....

This was a great take, brian. I thought both defense showed a championship-caliber ability. I was super impressed with the Eagles' defensive speed and disciplined. They were technically sound on every snap of the football. I was also very impressed with Celina's defensive unit as well. Apart from one blown coverage, the Bobcats were never out of position against Argyle, and if not for those turnovers, the score would have reflected how close of a game it actually was.

My biggest disappointment was how quickly the Bobcats coaches just threw in the towel in the second half, and how few of adjustments were actually made at the break. Celina never changed their route concepts throughout the entire first half, and then after the pick-6 in the 3rd, they didn't attempt another pass at all. I know Bentley's confidence was shaken at QB, but you either have to let the young man work on those things and try and iron out those problems, or you've got to put someone else in there and give them a shot.

Bentley is the guy at QB. I have no doubts about that. But they need to put together some concepts that attack defenses in other ways than trying to go deep every single snap. We hardly ever attack the short field, and we hardly ever attack the middle of the field. That makes coverage assignments much easier for opposing defenses, which then limits your ability to run the football as well.

And last thing I noticed is Bentley needs to trust his legs sometimes and just take off. There were times when everyone was covered up and he had an easy 7-10 yards to gain with his legs, but he held on too long to make that run, or attempted an ill-advised pass. He's athletic enough to make defenses pay with his legs, and all that does it force them to adjust and either bring a guy into the box and out of coverage, or leave those lanes open and dare Bentley to keep using his legs.
    Texas Forever.

Starter

Brian and d0t,

Both very good assessment and it helps me understand the team a little more since I now live in the Austin area . Thanks again !!!