Junior Varsity

Default Needville Baseball

WTH is going on at Needville? Heard they took the Coach McKeller out of Baseball....Maybe the worst move Needville has made in a long time. Was this the athletic directors decision or what? have heard some really bad things about the AD but this is not the place to air that. But Coach McKeller is a former 5A State championship coach, has a young son that is a very good baseball player and bought a house in Needville to sink roots. Also has girls that are involved in sports and a wife that is an awesome teacher., just ask Boling, they hated to see her leave.

McKeller should have been the guy to guide Needville for years to come. IF I am missing something please let me know. Whoever made this decision, and to make it as late as it was done is not a person that has student/athletes best interest in mind. (JMO)

Found mckeller’s burner

All-American

I covered Needville's inaugural year of the program in 1986 or 87 when I was writing sports at the Herald Coaster in Rosenberg. They played at a dumpy field and only won a few games. I think Sterling Berry was their first coach

Junior Varsity

Sterling Berry was a staple at Needville for many years and ran an outstanding baseball program. Very good coach, better man and an awesome family.

McKeller is still at Needville just not head baseball coach. I guess no one knows why this happened. Coach McKeller is a very good baseball coach that can develop and grow a program as well as anyone. Not sure why they would get rid of him with such promising young talent coming.(Needville LL)

JMO: Football coach/AD not doing what is best for kids and Needville.

Junior Varsity

Well pretty obvious that this is a thread no one wants to comment on....Its a shame for Coach McKeller that no one at Needville has his back.

Practice Squad

Coach McKeller is a great person and coach. Commenting on a message board doesn't accomplish anything, except to cause trouble. Make your feelings known to those in charge. By the way, the other coaches at Needville do a great job also.

All-American

Back when I covered Needville sports from 1986-89- They had a good coaching staffs as well and were respective. Needvillle had great rivalries with Boling and Sweeny back then

Practice Squad

That is when I moved into town. Been here around 30 years. Have been lucky that even when the talent was not top of the line the coaches were still good people who cared about the kids.

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by Slyone View Post
    Coach McKeller is a great person and coach. Commenting on a message board doesn't accomplish anything, except to cause trouble. Make your feelings known to those in charge. By the way, the other coaches at Needville do a great job also.
    Exactly, you have made my point. I would never throw dirt at coaches at Needville, some very good friends there and yes they do an awesome job. But as stated, very good person and coach. WTH happened and who would stand for it.

Needville is one of the best communities I have ever been associated with and the people from there are awesome. Never think I was throwing dirt at any of the other coaches that weren't making this decisiion, but whoever made this decision is not doing what is best for kids. Not saying they are a bad coach or don't do a good job but in this instance they made a very poor decision. Was surprised the standup community of Needville would stand for it.