Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    All-District

This seems to be DCTF's "New Coke" moment. And we know how the Coca Cola Corporation solved that fuckup.

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Don't know why they didn't just slap their logo on the old app and provide another one like what was released with their paid content. There are 2 customer bases. 1 who want scores 17 weeks out of the year and 1 who wants the year round DCTF content.

Guarantee once the bugs are gone and everything is functional, probably next season, there will be a short term subscription required for people who just want scores.

If you've never used the score stream app, it's ok. It's kind of clunky but it's functional.

All-District

I watched games on Texan Live last night. Excuse me... Dave Campbell's Texan Live.

Ironically enough, the broadcast was completely indistinguishable from the Texan Live coverage that I saw last season, other than a DCTF logo up next to the score bar. Same commercials, still trying to get me to vacation in Katy and apply to TAMU-Kingsville. The website is still texanlive.com. On the website, the only mention of DCTF is this, which I can't even read:

It's too bad they couldn't have done the same thing with the app.

All-American

If they want to win back the loyal folks and subscribers they’ve soured, that’s exactly what they need to do. Just relaunch the old app with a new logo. And then take a year or two years to actually get this new app functional. But there wasn’t anything wrong with the other one at all, and it was just another fun piece of the Friday night experience.
    Texas Forever.

Junior Varsity

Would love to here from Matt again on what the update schedule is...

Junior Varsity

Now it won't load at all... I think its officially dead. DCTF is a disgrace

Dave Campbells brought back the old APP. You have to go and download it from the App Store or Google Play.

Week 1 scores are not updated. You can go in and enter final score yourself.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post

This was the right move. Big win for the fans. Thanks for sharing, Matt.

I know it was probably a tough week/weekend for you personally, probably getting/feeling attacked, even though you're not an app developer. But you're still awesome, we all still appreciate the work you do for Texas High School Football. You still bring a ton of value and are an integral part of the Friday Night Experience. So if you were feeling down and out from all this, I hope it doesn't last long and you remember how much we all appreciate the work.
    Texas Forever.

All-American

Appreciate that....

Junior Varsity

Kudos to DCTF for admitting fault and rolling back the App, they gotta focus on beefing up their servers now to handle the high traffic.

Here’s to hoping down the line the app that DCTF has in their mind does come to light and it becomes the go to app for TXHSFB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junior Varsity

I have to admit that was handled well and now I'm left wishing the DL let you delete day old posts... well done DCTF

All-American

I don't even have a phone that will do that (Only have an old 10year old plus flip phone.I just listen to webcasts and update scores that way or on AM radio stations

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Don't know why they didn't just slap their logo on the old app
    nailed it

i normally just multitask to get the scores i want to know about, might try out the app this season.

4aSFIA
    @3aSTXFan
    ·
    3m
    http://Texasdownlow.com forum members were pretty upset lol!! Never have used it so i didn't really know why they're so upset but this might get them off matts back.